ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OE Rear brake pads......???? Help!

RB 182 Cup
I bought OE front discs + pads and OE rear discs + pads and the rear pads are so thick so that the 17m bolts to the calliper housing do not fit. I rang Renault and they said that I have to grind down some of the pad so that it fits? Really.... I think that it's the wrong part but has anyone on this forum has the same problem?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol good old renault! I never had problems with mine. But I never bought OE pads

FF Clio 182
And make sure you line up the little notch on the rear pad with the slits in the piston. Made that mistake, couldn't for the life of me work out why my handbrake wouldn't disengage...

RB 182 Cup
I haven't got a micrometer to give myself an accurate reading of the thickness of the pads including the back plate mate, sorry. I took into account the notch on the adjustable piston and it's the pad on the other side of the disc that is too thick. So I have now booked myself into Renault for Wednesday and they said if they have given me the wrong part I can stand a good chance of not paying for the labour.

Other than that now I have got the time I'm going to double check the part number online if I can.

Pads - 77 01 207 034
Discs - 77 01 204 901

If any experts now the numbers?

RB 182 Cup
Does the disc have to be driven on to the shaft with a socket and mallet? It's the only thing I can think off where I will gain that extra mm.

S4 Avant
Get pictures or videos of what you're trying to do.

We've all been clueless at some point. Me especially.

FF Clio 182
Does the disc have to be driven on to the shaft with a socket and mallet? It's the only thing I can think off where I will gain that extra mm.

No they should just slide on. I used a bit of copper grease on the stub axel so cut down on bearing wear. Have you put the rear spacer on correct ? When the spacer is in it should sit flush it the bearing ?

RB 182 Cup
Well I used a bit of normal grease and I put the spacer on correctly and it fits flush with the bearing. So I have the right part numbers for the discs and pads and I have done everything correctly. On that note I'm just going to wait until Wednesday and see what Renault say because I'm out of ideas. Thanks for all your help and I'll let you know what happens.

RB 182 Cup
I didn't clean it properly apparently, that's why it didn't fit! All fixed now all with OE discs and pads all round, squared away.