ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help With Brake Discs And Pads On My 1.2

MINI FJCW
Hey guys, need some help with brake pads and discs.

Basically took my car in for a service, and turns out i need both brake pads and discs doing. It hasn't been done yet and my dad wants to do it himself.

So i have a few questions;

1. Where can i buy both the brake pads and discs for a cheap price?

2. Is it a big job, anything to look out for?

3. Will the information on how to replace them be in the Haynes manual (Which im looking to purchase).

Any additional information will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Hey guys, need some help with brake pads and discs.

Basically took my car in for a service, and turns out i need both brake pads and discs doing. It hasn't been done yet and my dad wants to do it himself.

So i have a few questions;

1. Where can i buy both the brake pads and discs for a cheap price?

I got mine from brakepartsinternational (google it) cost around 67£ delivered for both pads and discs.

2. Is it a big job, anything to look out for?

Its a fairly easy job, I was going to do it. But the bolts where rusted and the car was going in for a cambelt the next day so i got the garage to fit them for £50.

3. Will the information on how to replace them be in the Haynes manual (Which im looking to purchase).

I think it should, Ive got one somewhere and i remember reading it i think.

Any additional information will be greatly appreciated.

You will need some copper grease (£3.50 tube from halfords) for the back of the pads.

Cheers!

Lionel Richie
GSF or ECP for the bits (even a motorfactor will do them)

easy to do

1 13mm bolt
2 18mm bolts
2 torx screws
1 hammer

happy days

MINI FJCW
Right if im honest, I dont actually know what discs and and pads im looking for? E.g vented discs, sizes etc.

I looked at that brake parts international but not 100% sure what to look at.

Sorry about this!

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Just go to a local motor factors and ask for disks and pads for a 52 plate 1.2!Probably be a bit cheaper than online.

Not got a car
easyer i done mine yest. Although i had to nip to halfords to get a T40 Star Key to fit my ratchet as i couldnt get them undone. And i bought a tool to push the piston back as it was an arse.

Used them, cleaned them up and took them back today lol :approve:

I dont know how people can push the piston back with only pipe grips like said in other threads.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
easyer i done mine yest. Although i had to nip to halfords to get a T40 Star Key to fit my ratchet as i couldnt get them undone. And i bought a tool to push the piston back as it was an arse.

Used them, cleaned them up and took them back today lol :approve:

I dont know how people can push the piston back with only pipe grips like said in other threads.

Are you joking? Its not hard!

Not got a car
there is no way you could have done it. no way! I have some knipex pipe gripes, so not cheap and it just wouldnt push it back nothing to grip just kept sliding off and knipping my f**king palm. It was even a struggle with the propper tool.