ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

o2 vs sky broadband.

Rav4
Hi,

I currently have sky,

Max download is 2mb, upload 400kb/s

It's always slow and don't think those figures are accurate.

Just had a call from O2,

They can guarantee 6mb downloads and 980kb/s uploads

£7.34 per month inc VAT, first 3 months £3.15

12 month contract.

What are your experiences with O2?

Thanks,

G.

Last edited:
  CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
same here. o2 are great. great customer service too. plus when i had it installed they told me the fastest i could get is 16mb. I'm getting nearly 20mb :)

clio sport f1 r27
no bother with 02 here either got first 3 months free and 10 a month after that since i have a contract with them iv got up to 20 mb they said id get 10 i get between 10-13 happy days!

tiTTy & SV650
I'm on o2 and it's superb, upto 8MB had it a year now and never had an issue and less than £7.50 a month since the vat change.

Apparently the o2 wireless boxes can be crap if you're a gamer but I can confirm it works fine for torrents.

AK

M240i
I'm on o2 and it's superb, upto 8MB had it a year now and never had an issue and less than £7.50 a month since the vat change.

Apparently the o2 wireless boxes can be crap if you're a gamer but I can confirm it works fine for torrents.

+1

A few issues with the wireless but i think that's more down to the cheap receiver i have in my machine than the box!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
o2 have been very good for us. Much quicker than previous suppliers. No problems with wireless. In the last couple of years, maybe 5 probs max, 3 because of BT doing work and 2 because of o2. o2 sorted their probs very quickly over the phone by adjusting some settings.

We were originally going to go with Sky as it was cheaper but they took ages setting us up, so we cancelled. Haven't looked back since getting o2.

Hi,

I'm on o2 at the minute. cant fault them at all.
If the above comments dont sway you, maybe this does.

Signup at quidco.com and they will give you cashback of 70 quid. So go for the o2 premium package thats currently at 9.79 a month and with 3 months free. 97.90 minus the 70 quid cashback... so thats 27.90 for a whole's worth of quailty broadband!

Have i convinced you now? :)

Clio DCi 65
Hi,

Signup at quidco.com and they will give you cashback of 70 quid. So go for the o2 premium package thats currently at 9.79 a month and with 3 months free. 97.90 minus the 70 quid cashback... so thats 27.90 for a whole's worth of quailty broadband!

Exactly what i was going to do!

Haven't got a phone line in my new place though! BT charge a load aswell to get it connected IIRC.

AK

M240i
Exactly what i was going to do!

Haven't got a phone line in my new place though! BT charge a load aswell to get it connected IIRC.

Nope.

Danny_172 posted a thread just last week that BT were doing free installation!

RB 182
O2 are good and I've found that I've been getting the service from BeUnlimited which is the company I really wanted to go with as I had them before I moved even if they are both controlled by Telefonica.

Rav4
Hey,

I can't do that now sadly, they called me up and as I have an 02 phone, they have discounted it for me already.

Need to start learning how to use quidco.

Thanks for your input :)

Hi,

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
Just an update on o2 customer service. 10/10 again for me. I've had a few problems recently where my o2 router is restarting randomly on its own. Just called them (11.30pm :) ) and was on the phone for a grand total of 3 mins. New router coming on tuesday :)