ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone on BT Broadband?

Bumder With A Buffer
As above anyone on Bt Broadband and if so are you getting really sllooooooow downloads??

Ran a test on speedtest.net as watching some films online was taking 5+hours to download a buffer a 20 minute video!!!

Results of speedtest was Download 119Kb/s Upload 340 Kb/s!! This is usually 2mb!!!

Even checking the HomeHub throws this up-------

DSL Connection

Link Information

Uptime: 1 day, 12:49:54
Modulation: G.992.1 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 192
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 536.54 / 735.45

Now is that poo or is that poo!! Nothin but my pc is connected at the moment... and theres no bittorrent running like there normally is (mainly coz the download is crap at the moment!!)

Anyone experiencing this?? Or what things can i check here before talking to india??

Rich xxxx

Punto/Clio GTT
when i was getting crap speeds they told me to try changing the microfilter.

then they said take the cover off your phone socket and inside there is another socket, plug your phone line into it directly and it bypasses some crap or something. still didnt work, so i went with sky, top notch so far.

clio 16v
Im with bt on 2mb as well, I havent checked today as im still at work, however was having similar problems yesterday, sometimes their network appears to run slow coz it usually fixes itself after a day or two.

Bumder With A Buffer
when i was getting crap speeds they told me to try changing the microfilter.

then they said take the cover off your phone socket and inside there is another socket, plug your phone line into it directly and it bypasses some crap or something. still didnt work, so i went with sky, top notch so far.

Ahh the old blame it on a microfilter routine!! Classic!! Its a shame im not at work actually as we look after the DSL services for BT and I could probably get it fixed within an hour with one of our guys..... Bt are useless... you wouldnt believe what I have seen inside exchanges!! Messy and useless and there call centres... PAAHHH!! even worse!!

Rant over!!

dk

911 GTS Cab
i haven't had a problem in 2 years getting constant 5mb but on monday mine was down to 512kb and then yesterday was up to 2mb, its currently sitting on 2mb, was going to call myself but i am of the opinion it will sort itself out, will give them until next week, 2mb is fine as all my tv shows have ended anyway.

Bumder With A Buffer
i haven't had a problem in 2 years getting constant 5mb but on monday mine was down to 512kb and then yesterday was up to 2mb, its currently sitting on 2mb, was going to call myself but i am of the opinion it will sort itself out, will give them until next week, 2mb is fine as all my tv shows have ended anyway.

Yeah thats ok for people who are on say 5mb and getting a drop down to 2mb but still your paying for a service they are not supplying. I mean less than 100kb is absolute hogwash if you ask me!!

I cant be bothered to ring them mainly coz im a bit pished and will probably swear at them or tell the woman on the phone that she has a hot voice and would she like dinner sometime!!!

Jim Beam is baaaaaddddd

Clio200 EDC Lux
Something is wrong, no way should it be that low. You upstream connection is fine but you downstream is.

Just a thought but what package are you in, BT do have a far useage policy it could be you have downloaded to much and they are throttling your connection.

I am with BT and have been for many years, pm me if you want the number for uk tech support rather than the numpteys in india.

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
In the last 2 months BT have started to traffic shape! They won't admit it though!

Mk2 Golf GTI
Mine was mint the other day, downloading files at 400kbps but now it's under 100. THis is on 8mb bb

Speedtest results:

133148550.png

Bumder With A Buffer
Something is wrong, no way should it be that low. You upstream connection is fine but you downstream is.

Just a thought but what package are you in, BT do have a far useage policy it could be you have downloaded to much and they are throttling your connection.

I am with BT and have been for many years, pm me if you want the number for uk tech support rather than the numpteys in india.

Think we are on the 8GB a month package ... no way used all of that and anyway the contract says that they will charge us extra for going over or talk to us about upgrading (either way extra money for them!) noware does it say about "capping" our internet at less than 150kb!! O well il ring them and b**ch tomorrow : (

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
I could have told you all this was going to happen months ago. Bad network management on BTs part due to the fact that they havn't implemented a workable, profitable shape structure.

dk

911 GTS Cab
my bt internet just went dead, so i restarted my router and bingo, I am back connected at 4.5mb downstream and .5mb upstream so things seem to be back to normal for now.

I knew it would right itself eventually so all you people having problems with speed on BT it should right itself and just restart your router.