ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Novice Track Day - Snetterton 300 - Feb 3rd

http://www.clubmsv.co.uk/car-home/event-details.aspx?productid=1698&calType=noviceonly

OK!

So I wanna get some track experience and was wondering if anyone wanted to go to this novice track day with me?

(Obviously it wont matter what car you have as I'm taking my 1.2 8v, but you can't have done more than 3 track days to get in (this will be my first :eek:)

Its £59 for the day, which includes:

Signing On

Signing of indemnity forms, checking of driving licences and allocation of instruction sessions.
signing on.jpg
Noise Testing

Before taking part in any trackday, all vehicles are subject to a noise test. Please see the noise testing regulations to see how this is measured.
car noise testing.jpg
Safety Briefing

This will cover everything you need to know about the day from rules of the event through to car preperation, driving techniques and circuit information.
car briefing.jpg
On Circuit Briefing

At some circuits you can take advantage of an extra on-track briefing carried out in mini-buses driven by our instructors who will go into detail about each corner of the circuit.
on circuit briefing.jpg
Familiarisation Laps

Also known as 'ducks and drakes', the familiarisation laps are carried out behind a pace car and give you a chance to experience each bend at a reduced speed and get a feel for the racing line.
familiarisation laps.jpg
Track Time Begins

The trackday begins and it's time to put your car through its paces. Warm your tyres, start off slow and build up your pace up throughout the day.
novice booking.jpg
Extra Mini Brefings

On our Novice Only days we provide extra mini-briefings thoughout the day on car preparation, track driving techniques and the circuit (correct racing line and corners to look out for). All of these sessions are included in the price of your day!
mini briefing.jpg

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Ooh... cheap as fcuk !

Tempted dot com !!!!!!

Nice shakedown before the Bedford day for the PoS...

Are you staying up there or a mega early start ?!

1.2 might be hideously slow on track. 200hp feels slow on track... +1 with someone else ?

Audi A5
Ooh... cheap as fcuk !

Tempted dot com !!!!!!

Nice shakedown before the Bedford day for the PoS...

Are you staying up there or a mega early start ?!

1.2 might be hideously slow on track. 200hp feels slow on track... +1 with someone else ?

Mega early start, something stupid like get up at 4.00 lol

I know it will be slow, but I wanna start somewhere, I don't wanna jump into doing track days straight away in a fast car, people don't jump straight into F1 cars! you need to start low and work your way up, like most things in life :p

No offence but there's no point in getting insurance. I'm assuming your 1.2 is only worth about a grand or so?

So obviously there is then no point paying £80 for insurance with a grand+ excess for a car that your not even going to get a contribution towards should you worse happen.

Audi A5
The way I look at it is, do you give your car a blast ever now and then down back roads? Yes? Well if your willing to take that risk why not do a track day, at a track you've got plenty of run off area where's a country b-road you don't.

You don't have to go out first lap all guns blasing, just start off at a comfortable speed and gradually build up over the day.

No offence but there's no point in getting insurance. I'm assuming your 1.2 is only worth about a grand or so?

So obviously there is then no point paying £80 for insurance with a grand+ excess for a car that your not even going to get a contribution towards should you worse happen.

I've got a quote for £75 with £250 excess, gonna do that :)

+ i bought it for £2k so I hope its not worth £1k :(

SQ5
If someone hits you you take them to court and get them to pay. Same as if you hit someone, I've seen one hit on about 25/30 Trackdays I've been on

Trafic 140dci
Might come up if i still have a car, not to do the track day just to have a nose around and see people :)

As for insurance, i really wouldn't bother MSV/Snetterton are very strict over careless driving. Overtaken is only to be done on straights too, they see it as a track day not a race and for that reason your not even aloud to time your laps.

I'm going to drive the car there. Public transport looks like a pain on a Sunday morning.

:rasp:

nawwh! really?! I mean like are people convoying there?

should I just use my 182 wheels with the toyo t1rs? or should I take my sh*t steels with budgets on to abuse on track so I have some wheels to get home with + to use after trackday?

Am I expecting to need new tyres? (baring in mind this is my first trackday, I know absolutely nothing)