ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not a good night

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Gutted for you mate.

Catch 22 but because of how the 1/4 panels are fitted i'm not sure i'd want it back.

Any future buyer can spot a new 1/4 on a Clio a mile away sadly. De-valuing the car and possibly causing a fail in selling.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Gutted for you buddy as it does not look good.
I would hate for this to happen to my trophy and like steve has said in a few posts before when along side other cars i leave a wide space and I'm always last to take off so i can see exactly what other drivers are doing

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
This seems to happen all too often with daft bints side swiping people on roundabouts, if you can, you should Definately take it to court. Fingers crossed its not a write off

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Could a decent beater not save that panel though gally? I know the other Basingstoke Trophy had some quite bad rear quarter damage removed like that ...

Of course. Sadly they are few and far between these days and most (poor) Assessors will choose to replace over repair.

It's long and complicated but yeah they'll estimate to replace it. If you want the car back tell then you want the 1/4 repaired.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Thanks to everyone for giving me things to think about its very much appreciated. I'm really hoping number 301 will live again.

Mini Cooper S sport
Gutted for you! What a stupid b*tch. Nearly happened to me coming out of Portsmouth once, some daft old bugger came from the left and drove straight across me as I exited a roundabout. I was only saved by ABS - and was lucky the person behind didn't hit me!

Clio 172 Ph1
well just gotta see what the insurers say. SOOOOOOO GUTTED. The woman that went into me said it was my fault lol. she was in the left hand lane and wanted to go right at the roundabout. Some people just don't know the highway code :-(

I feel your pain!!

I had a 350bhp Audi S3 until some chav in a corsa B write it off . . . . best bit is he's trying to claim 50k for injuries and it was his fault :quiet:

Can people not read road markings!!

Are there any road signs or markings indicating they could pass the exit in the left lane, was there a double headed arrow (left and straight on) in the left lane or road sign leading up to the roundabout ? You crossed the path the other car took, were they taking that path legitimately ?

Im speaking from first hand experience here as in my accident I was the the car in the left lane, my lane had a double headed arrow in it, I passed the exit of a dual carriageway and somebody in the right hand lane took me out taking the exit. It was found 100% in my favour as the road marking said I could cross the exit. By crossing my lane the other car 'changed lane without ensuring it was safe to do so' in highway code speak.

Audi A3
and if youre going straight on at a roundabout shouldnt you be in the left hand lane anyway??

hope you manage to get the car fixed properly anyway mate, id be devastated

DCi 80 DieselSport
It sounds like you'd have no problem in court. In what universe does being in the left lane constitute going RIGHT!? (depending on unusual road markings). f***s me off a treat.

Focus RS mk1
and if youre going straight on at a roundabout shouldnt you be in the left hand lane anyway??

hope you manage to get the car fixed properly anyway mate, id be devastated
No because he was leaving a duel carriageway to join another so you can just stay in lane (well on most islands anyway) no matter how you look at it the bimbo should never have been trying to turn right on an island from the left hand lane its suicide! i see this sh!t happen every single day standards of driving is getting worse!