ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not a good night

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Picture102.jpg

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
yep all happened on a roundabout. Do people not know the highway code

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
well just gotta see what the insurers say. SOOOOOOO GUTTED. The woman that went into me said it was my fault lol. she was in the left hand lane and wanted to go right at the roundabout. Some people just don't know the highway code :-(

f**k sake.

I think people need to learn roundabouts properly. f***s me off big time when people don't know how to use them.

Mk1 16v brooklands
I nearly went into the side of some idiot woman in a 307 last weekend simply because she didnt look right or slow down, lucky i didnt get rear ended tbh

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
no she wouldn't admit it was her fault. I was coming from the hopital side of basingstoke down the dual carriageway to the wicks roundabout. i was in the right hand lane to go stright over and down the other dual carriage that goes past morrison. She was coming from the same hospital carriage too but was in the left hand lane. So as we all know that if your in the left hand lane at a roundabout your going left or stright over ????? but no she wanted to go right.STUPID COW. Oh and she didn't INDICATE!!!!!

Mk1 16v brooklands
Thats s**t! I hope it goes you're way buddy. Nothing pisses me off more than people who dont indicate. And i work with lorry drivers so im pisse of quite alot

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL Women. Love how she was A- In the Wrong lane B- Didnt indicate and C- Failed to notice a bright red Renault Clio on the inside lane, where she was about to wrongly turn into.

Hope it goes your way mate!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Gutted :(

I say this a lot and no one ever listens but don't be scared into settling for a 50/50, always take it to court. Obviously only if you know you are right, which it sounds like you are. I'd revisit and double check road markings just to make sure.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
So sorry for you dude. But its only metal at least your okay.

Slide hammer should pull the most of that out? or some proper dent puller.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Gutted :(

I say this a lot and no one ever listens but don't be scared into settling for a 50/50, always take it to court. Obviously only if you know you are right, which it sounds like you are. I'd revisit and double check road markings just to make sure.

This. Took me a lot of letters, photos and calls but the other party settled just before it got called to court and accepted liability. Very very similar sounding incident actually.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Sorry to hear about the crash :(

As soon as I saw the words woman & roundabout enter the text there was the problem

Ive actually adjusted my driving on roundabouts to assume that im going to get cut up- Ultra passive ( or indeed get ahead of them before the roundabout)

women & old drivers = no idea

Last edited:

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
That doesn't look good probably a write off. Hope it goes your way and not 50/50. Did you take pictures at the scene?

Astra (H) VXR
Devastating.... Women should be made to take extensive roundabout training as part of their test lol... Hope you get it all sorted in your favour

Ph1 172
Bad times. I find that a lot of people dont check behind on roundabouts and too many a time have had to hold back for fear of the above. Hopefully a settlement doesnt become difficult

182 Cup
s**t mate this sucks big time I'd have probably got out and gone livid at her, as said already don't settle for 50/50 by any means. Hope it goes well for you.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
That doesn't look good probably a write off. Hope it goes your way and not 50/50. Did you take pictures at the scene?

Yeah it does'nt look good at all and ive got the photos from the scene/road markings

I've just come off the phone form the body shop and sent them the pics of the car. The WOMAN (lol) said it could well be a write off :( I will find out for sure on tuesday when they have a proper look at it.

Least it was'nt my ph 1 :)

What a sh***er mate. Hope you get it sorted and the dozy b**ch cops liability, nearly had the same happen to me last week when a woman in a Mercedes decided to go across three lanes of a roundabout right in front of me. Luckily I managed to see it coming and took avoiding action.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Sorry to see this mate. Having driven through Basingstoke a lot I can vouch for you in being totally in the right. Don't settle 50/50, fight if you must. Hope it isn't written off.

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
Ahhh mate, gutted for you. Just had mine valeted and was on my way back going over a roundabout n almost ended up the same. All because some people insist on straightlining roundabouts sheesh!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
saw something like this happen with someone I know and it went 50/50. even though the woman in the left lane was turning right, the insurances claimed that the driver in the right / inside lane should have checked to the left to ensure the exit was clear before leaving the roundabout. Police were involved and it still went 50/50.

I really feel for you mate as I've nearly had it happen to me just thought I ought to let you know the insurers way of thinking in this particular incident.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Thats really gutting, hope she isn't written off? :(

And, as for the 'all women are useless drivers' comment, we aren't all like that. :slap:

172, Focus
Gutted for you lad, hope it gets sorted. I saw a woman/roundabout combo accident friday coming home from work.
4 exit roundabout, 1 woman waiting to come onto the roundabout somehow managed to back into a woman BEHIND her!
Cue horn beeping.
I guess she must have been in an auto or something.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Argh no!! Are you the Trophy that drives in & out of QMC quite often?

Re: the car, utter nightmare! Hopefully the bodyshop will repair it. Although if the worst happens & is written off, i have a monaco passenger door & side skirt that you have for nothing in order to help the rebuild process. Anything to help out a fellow Trophy owner :)