ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non-Sports In Here..

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The GT gets off the line much quicker even though it weighs over a 100kg's more and I had a extra passenger in the, but after about 50 the swift pulls the ground back in most likely from the VVT,

Doesn't feel as refined as the Clio also doesn't have many toys but there again the swift is a cheap car to buy in the first place, it's not a bad little car though for the money

Aah, is there much difference after 50?

ive always loved swift sports :) and I didn't realise the gts were so capable, to keep up/pull away quicker than them :D

Aah, is there much difference after 50?

ive always loved swift sports :) and I didn't realise the gts were so capable, to keep up/pull away quicker than them :D

Haven't done any rolling tests yet so not sure, but I disconnected the MAF sensor on the GT yesterday and it has seemed to pull harder for more of the rev range, btw the GT is diesel and mapped so it does very well to pull away/keep up, I estimate around 130bhp and 200lb/ft as it wiped the floor with a twingo 133 and also a skoda fabia VRS,

The GT is a brilliant car very inspiring in the corners where as the swift tends to want to step out (could be down to the rubber), also it's economical when your sensible 60+ mpg where as the swift get's half that, but they can be supercharged very easily but I know of a lad who has spent close to £12k (not including the car) on a swift to super charge it and various other mods and only gets around 190bhp which I can't justify lmao

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Haven't done any rolling tests yet so not sure, but I disconnected the MAF sensor on the GT yesterday and it has seemed to pull harder for more of the rev range, btw the GT is diesel and mapped so it does very well to pull away/keep up, I estimate around 130bhp and 200lb/ft as it wiped the floor with a twingo 133 and also a skoda fabia VRS,

The GT is a brilliant car very inspiring in the corners where as the swift tends to want to step out (could be down to the rubber), also it's economical when your sensible 60+ mpg where as the swift get's half that, but they can be supercharged very easily but I know of a lad who has spent close to £12k (not including the car) on a swift to super charge it and various other mods and only gets around 190bhp which I can't justify lmao

Aah, i didnt realise yours was diesel. no contest then :rasp:

£12k for 60bhp!?!?! :eek: f**k me!

i had an acquaintance (sp?) with a swift sport... apparently when you turned the traction controll off the front and the rear let go and you could almost 4 wheel drift lol. fun :p

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I estimate around 130bhp and 200lb/ft as it wiped the floor with a twingo 133 and also a skoda fabia VRS,

unless its a mild map i recon your probably pushing more than 200lbft, be interesting to see!

we had a side by side run against my mates old fabia vrs and my GT DCi which was standard and they were evenly matched from 0-80 we didnt try any higher.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
lol yeah i always found it was much keener under 2k rpm when it was unplugged and the cloud in the cars headlights behind was awesome! used to put mine into limp mode every couple of weeks though!!! haha

clio 2 1.2 16v
576515_10150933925337941_566897940_9976459_963178443_n.jpg

1.0 16v Clio (BR)
Dan28,

Just like those ppl here, loved the fitment of RS grills on a Ph2 bumper, how hard was that?

In Brazil we do not have the RS bodykit, so we're planing to buy only the grills to fit the Ph2 bumper.. never saw that before, now I'm happy to see you did that!

HOW-TO plxxxxxxxx :)

Cheers

1.2 16V
Nothing changed as I only got the car on wednesday, plan on doing a few things, and will upload photos when changed:
DSCN3337RobertsClio.jpg

DSCN3338RobertsClio.jpg

Clio 1.2
Punted it off in the snow, have a new one waiting to go on but by the time I had found a second hand one good enough and had it painted I ran out of time to fit it on as I'm. Now in the middle of my a level exams and need to concentrate on them. Car will get some tlc after them.

Clio 1.2
I had a little tap at the back which meant I needed a new bootlid, my mate was breaking a Clio and gave me the boot lid for free so obviously I took it and it came with the badge as it came off a 182. Been meaning to take it off for ages but just haven't got round to it

MG ZR 1.8
I had a little tap at the back which meant I needed a new bootlid, my mate was breaking a Clio and gave me the boot lid for free so obviously I took it and it came with the badge as it came off a 182. Been meaning to take it off for ages but just haven't got round to it

Fair enough I guess..
You could sell it for like £25 :p haha. They are about £35 new!

Clio 1.2 (Billabong)
colour coded all round
172 16" alloys
lowered 60-40
tinited windows
side skirts (sport replicas)
private plate
sub
amp
stealth parcel shelve 6x9's
k&n
rs grill
silvervisions
silver 16v door badges

This is pretty much what I've got planned for mine, money permitting ofc - Colour coding, the silver 16v sideskirt, lowered, rs grille... :) I also think yours is the same colour as mine. :)

Last edited:
  Renault clio 1.2
1st pic 1st week i had the car ..

SP_A0826.jpg

Cleaned up ..

3630018884a7418283343l.jpg

Couple of months down the line, new alloys and lost the maaaasive chavvy exhaust ..

DSC00310.jpg

Most recent pic with colour coded bumpers, exhausts in major need of attention i know lol

DSC00335.jpg

Some RS seats being fitted in the next week or so, apart from that I've no clue what to do next. Any ideas?

A cup spoiler mate ?

Gordini 182
My 1.2..

Sport bumpers
PH2 lights
lowered 40mm
Fabia Splitter
Finally colour coded
HID

What i will be doing:

Cup Spoiler
OZ F1 alloys