ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non-Sport Battery covers

Hi Folks,recently picked up one of M.A.D's battery covers, only to find out that the metal wall it screws into is slightly different to the Sport model - it has no threaded hole for the bolt!!

I know this can be easily conquered so i can put my battery cover on - my question is, what would you guys recommend? I figured i could just drill a small hole through for the bolt - but it wouldnt be threaded so i'd have to secure the bolt somehow. I could use a nut, but i don't know how i'd get under the cover to hold the nut/bolt in place? And if i ever had to remove it, say to jump the battery - i'd need to be able to secure the nut/bolt do it didn't spin uselessly around.

Anyone got an idea? Is there something i'm massively missing with this?

could you not Velcro the cover to the battery?

There's weight in the cover so it'd need to be fully supported by the metal sidewall of the battery compartment, otherwise it'd droop. I tried some unibond tape but that wasn't up to the job, i'll try velcro though - i hadnt though of that!

-DanMan- said:
You could put the bolt in through the other side and have the nut on the outside?

Thought this - but the bolt would just spin if you tried to turn it on the bolt!
Is the arm the runs over the metal compartment removable on the sports? I could always get a spare/scrap one from one of the multitudes of scrapped chassis/broken shells.

You could probably squeeze an allen key underneath to keep the bolt from spinning :)

Not sure if they're removable, pretty sure they would be though. - Someone will be along shortly to confirm.

I made one myself and just use a nut and bolt. There is a good 2-3 inch gap between the top of the battery and cover so I can squeeze my hand in and hold the bolt. Its in my progress thread if you want a better idea.