ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

noise when...

b/g 182, meg tourer
i let my foot off the throttle and i get a loud grinding kind of noise. its a standard system just an itg filter.
the exhaust has no leaks either. any ideas?
brackets? cat?

b/g 182, meg tourer
yeah it doesnt sound good in the car either. lol.
its hard to hear where its coming from. its mainly in higher revs.
it lasts a few seconds after letting my foot off. sounds like a restricted/ strangling kind of noise. really strange one. kind of has the exhaust roar with it too.
im confused. taking a better look at it tomorrow.
any help appreciated

Hmm really hard to diagnose without actually seeing the car, if your looking at it tommrow id check all the basic things fuel/air delivery/sparkies leads etc etc.... Sorry not much help i know, could be something internal in the engine. hard to say.

b/g 182, meg tourer
took a look at it yesterday. couldn't notice anything wrong. exhaust mountg rubbers look a bit worn. might replace them.
have noticed the noise is much more noticable around 5000rpm in most gears but you can faintly hear it all the time.
this one has got me confused

Maybe the baffle in the exhaust then if its coming from under the car? rev it while someone listens under the car

b/g 182, meg tourer
yey! finally sorted it :)
over the last few days the noise had got more and more noticable. even when the car was jus idling there was a rettle. this made it easier to find the problem. traced where the rattle was coming from. placed my hand on the cat, noise stopped, took my hand off and it rattled. a few spanners and a jack and it was sorted. the fixings had worked their way slightly loose. so glad its sorted :)