ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

noise from my engine

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
sometimes when my cars sitting on idle (when engines hot or cold) i can hear quite a loud ticking noise coming from the engine, ive been told it could be my tapits (sp) ive put some engine lubrication stuff in and its made the noise go down, but you can still hear it a little bit.

anyone know what it could be?

thanks

Last edited:
  Nothing at the mo :(
mine clicks sometimes.. notice if i rev it to about 2k then back down it goes.. i think its just my injectors

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
mine clicks sometimes.. notice if i rev it to about 2k then back down it goes.. i think its just my injectors
yeah that happens to mine aswell sometimes just disapears after reving then comes back after a while, how much will new injectors cost? and does anyone know if its a hard job to do yourself?

thanks

Nothing at the mo :(
dont think its a problem ya55er. from what i have searched alto of people have it.. and just get used to it

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
ahh i see... aslong as its not going to get worse thats alrite

thanks for that mate

two things

1) engine additives/lubricates - avoid like the plaque lol.

2) Ticking is probably the carbon canister - especially if it from around the drivers front wheel arch and is intermittent. The component has a small solenoid in it that clicks back and forth when it is bought into operation, that's the clicking sound you may be hearing. Otherwise stick a screwdriver on the engine and put it to your ear - if the ticking sound is very loud & from the engine (RS engines are tappy standard - so ensure its noticable louder over any other RS engine,) then it may be worth getting it looked at.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I notice this one mine sometimes when sitting at lights. Sounds like it's coming from passenger footwell :s

If its still a problem by the south mimms meet..I will have a listen and see if it is the carbon cannister.
Have you got the engine carpet stuff in?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
With mine if you rev it a tiny bit it stops. Sometimes it comes back other times it doesn't.

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
If its still a problem by the south mimms meet..I will have a listen and see if it is the carbon cannister.
Have you got the engine carpet stuff in?
engine carpet? i have some carpet on the bonnet.

the noise seems to be stronger from the passenger side but then agen the engine noise is stronger from the driver side.

With mine if you rev it a tiny bit it stops. Sometimes it comes back other times it doesn't.
mine does that sometimes but the sometimes when i rev it, it will come back:S