ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noise diagnostic please!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Just when I thought I had got the berg running nice a weird noise has started, only at accelleration can you really hear it but it is still noticeable when cruising. All I can describe it as is a dry metal on metal scraping noise. Seems to come from the front I think but can't b sure. Last time it was serviced they noted that the driveshaft looked worn, could this be a symptom?!
Also there is an intermittent clunk from the front wheels on tight turns at low speeds (car parks etc) which cant be the calipers as just had all the brakes done!
Any thoughts would be appreciated guys!

G

Gregor11

my osf driveshaft was gone (inner boot) and i didnt realise it, i started to nice a very slight wobble through the wheel when cornering, and every now and then a solid loud clunk as the outer parts of the shaft moved in and out etc... replaced the shaft, good as gold ever since!!

G

Gregor11

well i fitted the shaft at work, but a garage may charge you an hours labour, but my shaft cost me £300 from a dealer, these shafts are dealer only to mate

G

Gregor11

no mate sadly not, its a pain to be honest! but you'll know the difference when you've done it! or look on ebay for a good second hand one or try clio spares!

G

Gregor11

What situation are you in when it makes the scraping noise?

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Guess what the prob was folks....... Fubard engine top mount. Totally snapped! Now replaced and working fine! Thank god!