ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No spare

172 cup
Im driving to the south of France from Scotland in 2 weeks time in my cup, and im a bit worried about not having a spare wheel. Ive tried a dozen or so scrappys and ebay etc but havent had much luck. Is it safe/advisable to use a 15" clio wheel, as im sure it'd be a lot easier gettin one of those?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
See if you can borrow one . Or try and get a 16 inch steel wheel from a scrap yard , fit a cheap tyre , sling it in the boot . If you use a 15 inch wheel you'll need a larger profile tyre .

Chances are you won't need it , i've never had to change a wheel at the side of the road so far ( touch wood ) ;)

172 cup
I dont know anyone with a clio or i would. None of the scrappys i phoned had a cup/172/182 wheel, but im now at the point where i just want anything that will fit. Wasnt sure if i could use a 15" wheel off a dynamique as a kind of space saver just to get me to a garage. Im not brave enough to rely on tyre foam. Even tho ive never had a puncture in the 8 years ive been driving, sods law says i'll get one 900 miles from home.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Just get a 16" steel wheel from a scrappy then or try some of the local tyres places , see if they have old ones knocking about , get a cheapo tyre , into the boot and off ya go :)

172 cup
Aye. I can only dream....

What other wheels are the same PCD and similar offset that will fit a clio?

182... again!
Just paid £155 for a new wheel for mine from Renault...already had a tyre! Didn't think it was too bad a price and reassuring to know it will fit fine and avoids the risks of buying a second hand wheel!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
id just use a 15" dynamique wheel, i dont even have a spare in mine took it out to save weight but might stick a dynamique wheel in to save the hastle if i get a puncture

Monaco 172 2/468
Cant you just borrow a spare from someone with a clio with the same wheel size that lives locally ? You could borrow mine if you were in Leeds lol

320d
16" megane alloys are quite common and cheaper to buy than clios alloys

I'd just get a cheap kerbed full fat 172 wheel if i were you, chances are you'll not need it

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
jaf78 said:
What other wheels are the same PCD and similar offset that will fit a clio?

Vauxhall's Astra and Calibra have same pitch diameter, but hub size is smaller.

I've just filled out the hub so it fits onto the Clio.

172 cup
Problem solved. My dads mate has an old style Laguna. His spare is a 14 inch steelie but with a 185/65 tyre. Sat it next to my wheels and is almost identical in size so should be fine to use in an emergency to get me to a garage.

Knew i shouldve bought that FF 172 i was looking at before i got my cup. lol. Aircon wouldve been handy for the south of France too.