ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

no drive? clutch gearbox?

RB 182 Cup
wentto pull off, heard plingy noise and it wont go into gear? dont go into gear with no clutch. What do you guys recon?

RB 182 Cup
nope all feels normal, clutch dont drop. tried starting it in gear but still didnt move :(. No bangs when it happend, letaly a pingy noise and just revs, car didnt even move

RB 182 Cup
its just happend tonight, to dark to have a look. Doubt the box has blown up, no noises before and no big bang?

RB 182 Cup
everything feels normal, gears feel normal so does clutch. just has no drive :( been told it could be the diff circlip? anybody had any problems before. Cars a 2002 1.4 16v

M

mini-valver

1.2 JB1's fit fine and are CHHEEEAAAPPPP.

I was running one on my 1.6.

S2000
yep diff circlip, as said you can weld it but id just replace it with a jb1 for less hastle

What Martin said! I've seen mixed stories of them being welded, but to save on the hassle and risk of it continually going I would get another box put in there. It might depend if you are doing the work yourself though and how much you are willing to pay.

Clio 172 Cup
i had the same problem with the circlip on my 172. a new spacer went in behind it and it seems to be fine just now but i've heard they pop out all the time once it does it once so i'm just waiting for it. i've booked mine into a renault garage to have it fixed properly