ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No 182 Alarm + wonky exhaust

Arctic 182
Query 1:

I've had my 182 for about a year but wasn't aware that the alarm didn't work, i just thought that it was turd. Now i have the LED next to the gear lever but it doesn't flash or anything. I've never heard it beep or do anything!

About a month ago someone reversed into the side of her leaving a small dent and paint damage, should the alarm have gone off? Or is it just the interior sensors that pick up any movement in the car?

Query 2:

I recently purchased a Janspeed exhaust, one of the tips sits lower than the other, i've heard about people using ties to straighten them up. Can someone please provide a picture of where they put the tie(s)?

Arctic 182
Anybody? No? Dust!!!

I've taken the car to the garage and the problem with the alarm was that it looks like the garage i purchased it from had disconnected the alarm module because it was turning on the CD player when locking the car (or something like that).

So with regards to query two does anyone have piccies of the best place to tie the cable ties to pull the exhaust straight

Sean

BG FF 182
On query 2, my exhaust sat wonky for a long time but I just got some new exhaust mounts & rubbers then had a mate fit them for me at the garage he works at... Sitting straight as you like now!

Arctic 182
sorry forgot to add that with the exhaust i also purchased two new mounts from k-tec and one from renault. so all mounts are brand spanking!

Arctic 182
20120827_124549.jpg

20120827_124458.jpg

thread revival!!!

still no alarm unfortunately. ive replaced the alarm module but its still dead, my garage informs that its probably the (insert part name here) control module??

above is a picture of the slightly wonky zorst! new mounts were purchased, any suggestions?

sean

If you mean they dont sit centered into the holes its because the rear mounts are off center , i did mine today slacken off the 13mm nuts on the back two mounts and edge the mounts over till it sits straight in the holes , in terms on high they look bang on to me matey !!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
the exhaust mounts really are a pile of horse s**t, to stop them sagging after 18 seconds of fitting them you can put sockets in the gaps and cable tie them in. my yozza didn't sit right but after getting the garage to do so (was in for other work) they sorted that out for me and has been spot on ever since.

I've got the same issue on my Milltek, but it seems the exhaust itself is forcing the pipes off centre. Tried and tried to centre the tips by moving the mounts but it won't play ball.

I'm gonna wait til a friend is available and see if we can force it to align.

Clio 182
Same problem! It's driving me nuts I can't get it to sit right, anyone found a way of getting it to centre properly?

Clio 182 2005 FF
cut and weld the hangars back on? ive heard about it but want to find someone whos done it!