ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 Sport, a few minor issues

2005 ClioSport 182
Hello there, had my 2005 '05 plate Clio 182 for three weeks now. Interesting to compare with my last fast day-to-day car (Integra Type-R), bit (lot) slower than my toy ('02 plate K series Caterham).

Noted a few minor issues, looking for some info;-

• Alarm. Sometimes beeps 3 times when I lock the car but this looks like a common problem - I'll quote RS+15 to my dealer at the next service. However, another thing - I've sat in the car, locked the doors with the remote, waited until the red led next to the gearstick flashes (alarm armed) then waved my hands at the beams - the led flickers (so I presume the beams are sensing my movement) but no siren. The siren works ok when I open the door without disarming first. Any ideas?
  • Idle, cold engine. Idles a bit rough hot and cold, engine stumbles for first half mile or so until hot. Checked out Common Problems & Solutions, looks like a common trait so no issues there.
  • Crap wipers. I've changed the blades but not much difference. Just a result of not being re-engineered to right hand drive & something I have to put up with?
  • ICE. The head unit occasionally doesn't come on when I switch on the ignition. Solved every time so far by pressing the controls a few times either on the unit or remote behind the steering wheel. Just a loose connection?
  • Dealers. I bought my car privately, but it's still got a few months warranty left and will be due a service before the warranty runs out, so I guess I'll have to make at least one trip to a Renault dealer. Happy to go to an independant after that. Any recommendations for Glasgow area / central Scotland?
Cheers, Andrew

BG 182
Hi mate
I think the beeping is when one of the alarm sensors isnt quite shut properly, most RS clios idle like s**t, dunno about the wipers but all my priviose cars have had dodgy wipers, I havnt had any problems with the stereo but it slightly different in 172. dont know about dealer as im from yorkshire

LY V6 with Recaros
The second issue with the idle when cold is common, mine does it too and from what I've read on here so do lots of peoples.

Megane Mk4
  • Crap wipers. I've changed the blades but not much difference. Just a result of not being re-engineered to right hand drive & something I have to put up with?
Sounds like someone might have put wax on the window or some other type of cleaner. Might need a right good clean. ;)