ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next Generation Consoles

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Can't say I'd be bothered if it was always online. My broadband hasn't been down for a long time.

We went without for about a week in 2010 but that was due to cancelling sky ADSL and going to BT infinity (there was no migration system in those days for fibre), apart from that I can't remember the last time it went down, maybe when we were with Orange in 2007.

I'd still be surprised if it is always online though.
From what most people are saying it seems odd now but it won't in a a year or twos time. Nobody turns their wireless routers off at night do they?

Just out of interest, what's the longest anyone has been without an internet connection due to an outage? My NTL fibre was down for a few hours in 2006 but since then nothing major.

1eight2
I'd love to get interested in this but since I started PC gaming I don't think i'll shell out. Previously I would have stuck down a pre-order on day one.

AK

M240i
Just out of interest, what's the longest anyone has been without an internet connection due to an outage? My NTL fibre was down for a few hours in 2006 but since then nothing major.

Shirely Sim City 5 highlights the current issue with this?

Titanium 182
It's the reasoning behind why they want an always-online console that concerns me, not the technical feasibility.

Titanium 182
Why would you want your mobile always connected?
Consumers wanting things always-connected is fine as that's your choice - I can turn my phone to flight mode at any time and it's no longer online. You cannot do this with the new Xbox (allegedly), even in single player. Forcing it to be connected online permanently only benefits Microsoft.

You cannot do this with the new Xbox (allegedly),
And allegedly the iPhone 7 will be made of unicorn skin.

I just think people should wait before getting worked up about a product that hasn't been officially announced. I work for MS and we know nothing about specs its very hush hush, one thing I do know though is people take the term always on, always connected and think the worst.

Titanium 182
And allegedly the iPhone 7 will be made of unicorn skin.

I just think people should wait before getting worked up about a product that hasn't been officially announced. I work for MS and we know nothing about specs its very hush hush, one thing I do know though is people take the term always on, always connected and think the worst.
The PS4 leaks were all pretty accurate - no need to believe these won't be. They're not completely outlandish, after all. *shrugs*

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
don't know tbh, waste of energy i guess?

Don't, your Internet provider will end up throttling your speed.

Same happened at my mums, provider thought there was a problem with the line (due to the disconnections).

Evo 8 MR
I won't be getting either until there's decent software for it. I rushed out and got a PS3 not long after launch but I found I was just playing crap games like Ridge Racer just so I could use it.

Then the sucker punch came when the price was dropped six months after launch and there still wasn't much in terms of software. Maybe it was my own fault for buying the wrong console.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
So, with what we know now, original question remains: Which one will you be buying on launch?

XBO for me, without doubt. I may get a PS4 on launch, but I'm tempted to wait on that one.

Mito Sportiva 135
Probs an Xbox for me - although the PS4 has got me interested if they continue to get games like The Last of Us and Shadow of the Colussus.

The 360 was a real step up from the original Xbox - the first games I got, Gears of War and Mass Effect, totally blew me away. Then I got Halo 3 and fell in love with online gaming instantly. However the past couple of years my favourite games have nearly all been single player games - Mass Effect 3 and X Com notably.

So not sure whether to go for the 360 with a great range of FPS (and Halo, which I still love) or the PS4 which is more likely to have a few quirky titles.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
So, with what we know now, original question remains: Which one will you be buying on launch?

XBO for me, without doubt. I may get a PS4 on launch, but I'm tempted to wait on that one.

XBO for me too.. Mainly for Forza, it's pretty much the only game I play now.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Still the PS4 for me. Not sure if I will get it on launch though or not. I imagine will see Uncharted 4 as one of the launch titles. Killzone shadow fall looks good too.

Mito Sportiva 135
Still the PS4 for me. Not sure if I will get it on launch though or not. I imagine will see Uncharted 4 as one of the launch titles. Killzone shadow fall looks good too.

I SERIOUSLY doubt it considering The Last of Us has dropped. Will probably be another 18 months after launch. Killzone though has never interested me though, hardly a 'killer' app is it?!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Well there's rumours that uncharted will be unveiled this year. It's was a separate team that worked on last of us.
As for killzone, I loved 2, 3 wasn't as good but still a good game.
I've hardly played on the xbox (my dad and brother own one) but what I have played I didn't really like apart from Forza.
Each to their own.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Currently got both and will be buying both. Will probably play PS4 more though.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
To sell on, i'm pretty sure for nearly as long as I can remember there has been a shortage of consoles on release day/week/month.

Monaro VXR
Reckon it's worth Pre ordering a few of each?

I will be doing that, 3 or 4 of each. It's close to Christmas so chances are they are going to be in short supply regardless of how many they bring in. Should be able to make a few quid off them. If not, I return them to the store within 28 days for a full refund.

​Nothing to lose.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It's probably because of pratts buying 3-4 each that there is a shortage on release day lol.

I don't understand why you would though? Not exactly going to get much more than retail surely? Seems stupid to me.