ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next Generation Consoles

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
PS4 launch apparently September time, with the XBox 720 rumoured to be a few weeks later. A press release due in April for Microsoft's next gen console, apparently.

Both consoles offer a "Giant leap for the industry, every step and function. Between 8 & 10 times the power of current generation."

By no means limited to current generation restrictions; 1080p, 60 fps, camera IQ all easily achievable.

Electronic Arts thrilled with thrilled with the PS4 specs - the new Battlefield is truly stunning.

Games could increase in price due to cost of productivity - averaging up to £10 increase.

Question is:

PS4 or XB720 on launch? They won't be cheap. How many of you high rollers will be getting both on release?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
It will depend purely on Specs & what the majority of my mates are buying for me. I'm by no means loyal to consoles anymore so will see what happens!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Xbox ftw, it needs to hurry up as my xbox is being a piece of s**t though.

Oh and Xbox purely because Forza for me :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I don't know I I'll bother at first tbh. My Xbox is my DVD player nowadays, can't remember the last time I played a game on there.

I'll still buy one, lol.

Titanium 182
Neither will be backwards compatible as they'll want to sell you your old games again on XBLA and PSN.

I went Xbox, Xbox 360, but unless Microsoft pull something awesome out of the bag I'll be going with the PS4. Sony can't balls up as much as they did with the PS3, right?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'll pick up the Xbox one definitely. Hopefully plenty of compatibility although i'm not too fussed.

I just hope they don't move too far from the console side of things, kinetic type things should stay as add ons for now. Joypad in hand playing the game suits me fine.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I've never wanted to play games on my consoles which are from a previous generation - backward compatible 'issues' do not phase me at all. I'm more thinking when it will be best to trade my old one in. That balance between being bored waiting for my new console vs. getting the best possible cash out.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Reckon it's worth Pre-Ordering a few to sell on Release day?

Goliath I
Where has the name 'Xbox 720' even come from? Has Microsoft actually labeled the new system this or is it the Press and general public making it up?

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Xbox, not on release though as skint! Arcade/poverty spec aswell if rumours of higher spec versions on launch are true.

Sony will have to pull something epic out of the bag to make up for the utter waste of space the PS3 has been. Pity as I loved the PS1 and PS2 and I almost didn't buy a 360 based on my original xbox ownership.

I'll probably buy both machines just to have them. They will both have some good games, and you need a console for two for when friends are over.

Mito Sportiva 135
Probs the new Xbox - I've owned and loved the last 2, most my mates are on Live...already got my profile setup!

Probs be very little to differentiate them though.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Will most likely pre-order a PS4. Not decided on the XBox, probably get it when Forza comes out if its not straight away.

DB.

BMW 440i
I'll probably buy both machines just to have them. They will both have some good games, and you need a console for two for when friends are over.

F*ck that, winner stays on, or 2 vs 2 on things like FIFA. Rest can drink

Octy VRS
I would expect the PS4 to be pretty decent, at least I would hope. Considering they are making it more pc based for developers. Only time will tell, it may be bobbins. If not I will probably get one. They will make sure it's a decent media hub too, better than a homemade HTPC? Maybe.