ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie with dash illuminations

Clio 182
Alright guys,

Just picked up my clio 182 yesterday from a small dealer just outside newcastle and brought it back up to edinburgh, car drove like a dream back up the road but after I had it out last night I noticed some symbols illuminated on the dash - so thought I'd best check with people who may already own a similar car for some info/advice.

Car has recently had its service done - and the SERV light is on so I'm presuming this has something to do with it not being reset?, but the ABS and ESP lights are on too - none of the lights are on when the ignition is on, and all out when I start engine, but they seem to appear around 5-10mins after driving. The ESP goes on/off when ignition is on, but when the engine is running the switch doesnt turn the light off.

I got 12months warranty with the car when I bought it, but seeing the garage is a fair drive away thought I should check to see if this could be a common fault caused by something, or an idea to expect what diagnostics may tell me - obv intend to get this looked at up here rather than treking back down south.

Thanks in advance
Steve

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Steering angle sensor or the brake pedal sensor mate, have a search, been covered many times :)

Clio 182
Cheers, did a search and found info on the brake sensor thing and how to adjust - will have a bash at this if/when it comes on again :)

renaultsport clio172
you might find the warranty work is transferable, i.e another garage closer to you could do the work and bill the warranty company?