ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Type Of Coilovers Just Arrived - Testing Ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  PH2 RS 172 Forsale
right guys, their on and look awsome. It was too dark for piccys so that will be tomorrow. Ive slammed the back as far as it will go which is around 50-60mm. And on the front it sits nicely with some awsome camber. Me & Cookie_jnr both agree that they are basically the same as ktechs own just been rebranded, nice smooth drive not bumpy, corner very well also after being in mine and in a clio with a ktech setup i could tell no difference. Imo their well worth £165 of anyones money. Well get pics and other bits up 2morro.

PH2 RS 172 Forsale
yeah well going to do final adjustments on sunday so will be perfect then but im very impressed by them for that money! Hopefully people will follow suit.

i was hoping you were going to say they were s**t tbh, i only need front shocks for mine as ive just picked up some rears, and really didnt wanted end up hearing they were good.

Cooksport Fleet
To be honest, for the money they are a very good set of coilovers. Smooth ride, handled well. The back is as low as it will go on the adjusters. Obviously the current set up is not for handling.

Cooksport Fleet
They weren't crashy for the short run i was in there.

Didnt get a change to take some pics with different heights as i had to be somewhere.

Im sure bondie will get some pictures up soon!

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
Yeah, postage is 25 euros, not free as your first led to believe

Postage is free, you just have to push them as it states in the Ebay advert that it is free....
I got them to amend the checkout price and they dropped the 25 euro delivery..

PH2 RS 172 Forsale
Pics as promised, after another day of driving on them ive been very surprised how well they handel, not crashy and seem alright over pothole but you do try to avoid them anyway lol. Further adjustment needed either 2morro or monday and it is still yet the settle down. Thankyou to Prince Harry lmao aka cookie_jnr for fitting them!

15012010082.jpg

15012010077.jpg

15012010078.jpg

15012010079.jpg

15012010080.jpg

15012010081.jpg

15012010083.jpg

Outcome:- BTW my wheels are 17's

16012010092.jpg

16012010093.jpg

Back on the lowest setting but still to settle so approx another inch drop!

16012010094.jpg

Nice spot of camber!

16012010095.jpg

Bondie

Last edited:
  172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
You will either want to use the top spring cup complete or the cup washer that is spot welded on top of the cup itself to spread the load onto the top mount bearing, otherwise all the load will go on the inner circumference of the bearing.
I drilled out the spot welds as i didnt want to use the complete spring cup

Status
Not open for further replies.