ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to ClioSport - Any suggestions on cheap-ish mods?

Chris.B

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GT TDi
This is my first car. Had it almost a year now and getting abit bored of it. Seeing as i'm only a student, i can't obviously afford to get a faster car (due to insurance FML) so i'm up for just trying to make my car look tidy and have abit of wow factor. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

P1060071.jpg

P1060057.jpg

P1060050.jpg

P1060049.jpg

Was thinking new alloys? Maybe 172 alloys?

And would like to lower it. Hate it being so high. Would 40mm all round be suitable?

RFB

BG 182 FF
How about new stereo headunit and speakers?

Perhaps some interior led lights as well?

Si

RS Clio 172
Welcome to the club mate!

Car looks well looked after, which is always a good start! 172 alloys might be a good bet as they're often fairly cheap and easy to get hold of. Would fit in with the look of the car too. Some subtle lowering would be needed to stop it being a bit monster-truck ish with 16s though.

There's plenty of info on the forum. The search functions works wonders!

Chris.B

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GT TDi
Welcome to the club mate!

Car looks well looked after, which is always a good start! 172 alloys might be a good bet as they're often fairly cheap and easy to get hold of. Would fit in with the look of the car too. Some subtle lowering would be needed to stop it being a bit monster-truck ish with 16s though.

There's plenty of info on the forum. The search functions works wonders!

Cheers man! Try to wash it at least once a week. Maybe twice if parents are out haha (waterbills). Would 172 alloys fit straight on? I definately want to lower it. How much do you reckon?

Si

RS Clio 172
Not sure tbh. Have a look at what others have done and what they've used etc.

Although if I were you I'd leave it how it is and just get saving for the next car :) Practice your cleaning on it though.

Just lower it and RS grille, that should bring the 'wow' factor back. My cars standard (apart from an RS grille) and I've been driving for a year now and I'm not one bit bored of it :)

Chris.B

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GT TDi
I think thats what i'm gunna do. 172 alloys, lower it and RS grille. They easy to fit?

Hi welcome to CS

Where abouts in devon you from?

there are quite a few of us in the area, best thing to do would be get yourself along to a meet and have a look around others cars ect

oh and your first mod should defo be full membership ;)

trust me it will save you a lot of money in the long run

cheers

chris

Chris.B

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GT TDi
Hello!

Kingsteignton.

I will be on the full membership soon! :cool:

Cheers!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Welcome ...!

Have you asked your insurer about the mods ? ;) Obviously not the grill, but the wheels and lowering springs will probably affect your premium. Don't want to be up a creek without a paddle when it comes to claim time !

Let's face it .. it's a silver Clio, there's just about nothing you can do (especially on a budget) to get some kind of wow factor. Maybe drive it through a muddy field .. someone might go 'wow that's dirty'. If you stick coilovers and alloys on it, or glue spoilers and spinnerz to it .. 99% of people will just think you're a tit, or just ignore the car anyway.

Just drive it, enjoy it, and save up for something else in the future. My first car was a FREE 15 year old 1986 1.0 Micra... I think you're doing alright.

clio 182 'full fat'
i lowered my 1.2 60mm on 17s with no problems at all, so with 16 inch 172's should be fine.
i take it you put the silver bulbs in?
looks sweet
i have a set of l.e.d lights for sale atm if you be interested see my thread. there the standard red colour ones