ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New router affecting my mouse?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Got a new router the other day but ever since installing it my bluetooth mouse jerks whilst moving every few minutes. Quite annoying! I presume it must be running on a different band or something... anything I can do about this?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Thing is I had my old router on channel 6 and it was fine, and this new router is on channel 6 as well... :S

SQ5
Thing is I had my old router on channel 6 and it was fine, and this new router is on channel 6 as well... :S

Sorry my post should of said shouldn't!

I imagine its not the router. Have you tried using noise with router off?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Well I changed from using the router to tethering to my iPhone's connection and it works okay... so it's gotta be related to the router surely!

Switch your router to channel 1 or 11 and put your wifi at the other end of the band just to check. Ideally worth getting a wifi scanner on your phone that can tell you how crowded each channel is.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I know it's stupid but I can't turn my router off atm... BT are 'conditioning' my line (whatever that means) and I've been specifically told not to turn it off for 10 days. I wonder if that could be affecting it, I doubt it as it's not the Wi-Fi side of things.

Changed to channel 1 (which it decided to change to on auto detect mode) but it's still doing it. The only thing I've done to make it slightly better was turning to 802.11n only, but... my PS3 doesn't support that :(

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Okay tried it with router off and it still does it. It's definitely traffic related though, when there's lots of online activity such as playing HD YouTube or having 15+ tabs open it's almost unusable and flies all over the screen like it's got a mind of it's own! :(