ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New prototype in the cold light of day

330i. E30 Touring.
Epic work, guys.

You can be forgiven for missing football all the times you have for this!

It's pretty, too.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
looks a nice finish that is

alot of question there but nice to see how it goes in 2 months

Thanks for all the comments, we're very happy with it and the results are looking tasty!

looks a nice finish that is

Apart from the core part of the product that is very much a prototype, if you look carefully you can see the fuel rail is held in with zip ties :cool: final parts will be anodized blue, black silicion pipe with proper nipple for AIT sensor, CNC produced clamp ring for TB etc - rather tasty ;)

The way you design this kit is the way it should be done, with the average user in mind, everyone loves these crazy power ideas etc but a lot of people are scared of b*****dising their car and not being able to sell on. With things like this, you're bang on the money :)

That sums up our thinking quite neatly, really had to think about what the market wants from products.

Renaultsport Clio Trophy
Tom is this the lot or is the other bit i shouldn't have seen coming out soon also? looks very good mate, very well done.

Ross

Renaultsport Clio Trophy
ah yes i can work all the bits out now, trust me even if i did wanna say something i was confused at best at to what those bits where but it all makes sense now. good luck with it and your dissy mate, hopefully this is a 1st and a great investment.

Renaultsport Clio Trophy
could do with a clean, but its running fine the boys and girls at Renault are impressed with your work :) so well done you.
need a RR day with the T soon will be contacting you soon. if you could PM me your Mob number that would be great. to discuss that and other bits

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
One step at a time, but yes eventually (pending its success!)

awesome, im sure it will be succesful, and i look forward to a ph1 setup :D

if you do a custom fastchip calabration for this, that would be awesome so us guys who choose to do the fitting ourself dont have to travel for mapping

Possibly, due to the nature of some of the components it's unlikely to be avaliable in a kit form to be sent out, but never say never ;)

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
lordy, that looks superb, very tidy piece of kit that... will be watching this with interest..

Iceberg 172
So many questions but I know you won't have the answers yet!!!

1 which you might though...

Would it be possible to see good gains without deafening noise from the induction roar as I'm a complete girl and I don't like attracting too much attention!!

Either way, stunning work and if the price is in the high 3 figures / low 4 figure region with decent gains I think you'll sell shed loads!

I just hope people don't expect crazy high max bhp gains as I'm sure this will make a bigger difference to the low range / mid range.

Octavia vRS tfsi
Glad to see the answers on this page that suggest the same will be available for the ph1 cable setup. I had my name in the hat for one of the 'S2000' jobs that never happened, this would fill that void nicely.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Where's the videos? This plus warzone overrun map! ;)

I'll be saving for this though... Definately!

Available in yellow? ;)

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
Thanks for all the comments, we're very happy with it and the results are looking tasty!

Apart from the core part of the product that is very much a prototype, if you look carefully you can see the fuel rail is held in with zip ties :cool: final parts will be anodized blue, black silicion pipe with proper nipple for AIT sensor, CNC produced clamp ring for TB etc - rather tasty ;)

loving the look

tbh, if you had not of said anything i doubt anyone would say anything or notice them.

works well with standard injectors? just wander is that just a standard map on the car right now not modified for the inlet?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Put simply, & having experienced this tonight, if the money is right for this (which it will be), this is simply the best £££/bhp modification for the clio so far. Tom's car hasn't even been mapped for it yet & the difference, when compared to a standard 1*2 is just remarkable, especially when you consider how relatively standard the rest of the car is.

The inlet is a real credit to Tom (& James), so well done guys :hail:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Guess who was on the phone (hands free) and didn't pay any attention to what I was doing when entering the m25.... So tonight I've done a full lap of the b*****d thing!

Now for the relevant bit, Oh. My. God.

If you don't make it for the ph1, I'll buy it as is, and develop some sort of bodged cable setup.

After going in the car tonight I can safely say its a must have for those looking to get more power out of their car, superb design both aesthetically and functionally, nothing needing to be cut, can even be run on a standard fastchip (or whatever) map, the power delivery is superb, frightening, but superb, and the noise, oh the noise......

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Having experienced it, I can't express how much I want it. The power delivery was awesome, just pulled and pulled all the way through the rev range and the noise was a great addition! Can't wait to feel what it's like once mapped fully.

Tom, shall I just get Student Finance to pay you directly when its ready?! I don't think I can wait to save for this.

lol @ going all the way round the M25 Rob. Good to meet you mate.

172 Ph1, 1972 Mini 1
That looks great, the original manifold is quote a nice touch with the renault sport logo on it but the engine looks so much better when you can see the top of the head instead. Would look even better with a lick of paint :rasp:

As for the intake that looks like a great solution for optimising airflow with a single throttle body, do you have full radius trumpets in there? It reminds me of the Speed Six TVR intakes.

I especially like the fact it fits without mods working with the space available and without removing anything. I cant justify the cost of ITB's and i would always want the option to go back easily and this fulfils both of those requirement by working with what is already there and not sacrificing anything.

Simply great work!