ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New pics of the RenaultSport Clio 200

Barge
lol, 5k on top of your R27, which im sure you have already lost monies on

r27 looks so much nicer imo

I'd only lose 1,275 on the R27 at that trade in price. Not too bad considering, IMO.

Think the pretty white just captured me. Walked outside and saw the R27 gleaming in the sun, and I knew where my heart lies. Still would if I had the 5k sat in the bank.

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
At the moment I think they look w**k, purely due to the front end. Wouldn't mind seeing a black one in the flesh though.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Absolutely vile. I actually like the front less now. Your car is mint. The 200 is f-ugly. Would be an error.

GW RS200
Everyone is only mentioning it's looks! How about the fact that from what I have read this could be the first car with some low end grunt for a (car) generation! I'm excited and probably want one. What is this about no Xenons? They are at least an option, right?!

Barge
Xenons were an option, IIRC. Can't remember the cost of them though. He did mention it's got a lot more oomph lower down in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Was quite disappointed that this wasn't a demonstrator. :(

I saw the new GT too, had a kit on. Looked quite tidy. Although it needs slamming, in fact no - just better alloys.

Glanza V
a just love these to bits now ad even say id be dissapointed to settle for a 197 wich has taken a lot for me to say because the 197 looks amazing as well it just depends on what deal and spec i can get, i have a massive deposite i can put down so hopfully finace should be a doddle on the outstading lol truly lovely car ;) well done needster for those great pics

Barge
Finance is a doddle, if you've got a good credit rating. But a lot of people make a lot of money out of mugs who use their finance. Only take it if you get a belting rate, better than a bank would give you.

TBH, the 197 is a cracking car. There's nothing different or special about the 200 inside, it's merely the outside where it's different. Insurance group wise it's the same, etc. I imagine the fuel economy to be just as shocking as the 197 till its around 14k miles. :(

Clio 182FF
It's nice in white. Is the point that the black bit could be easily swapped out if you get chips etc on it?

Barge
Do you mean on the 200, King? There is an some kind of extra light option. There's no official literature to take away atm which I was a little disappointed with, :( so I was just taking a cheeky look at the salesman's pricelist.

Carbon inserts option inside was like £1k+ jaw dropping!

Do you mean on the 200, King? There is an some kind of extra light option. There's no official literature to take away atm which I was a little disappointed with, :( so I was just taking a cheeky look at the salesman's pricelist.

Carbon inserts option inside was like £1k+ jaw dropping!

Yup the 200 I was reading the renaultsport forums a while back and Jeremy said no xenons because market research said uptake would be low which was pretty shitty, mebby Renault changed their minds although I haven't yet seen a photo of a 200 with projector clusters yet.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I really like the 200!!!
I think that will be my next purchase....................Alien green obviously LOL
For all those people who have only photo's, get yourselves down to your local Renault & check it out! (u might find that u are surprised by how much better it looks in the metal)
Looks sweet in this month's Performance Car mag!!!!

White Sti Hatch
not the 200 but you get my point, projectors are an option just not Xenons (HID Kit FTW !!)

2009-renault-clio-gt-front-picture.jpg

Last edited:
  Barge
I really like the 200!!!
I think that will be my next purchase....................Alien green obviously LOL
Looks sweet in this month's Performance Car mag!!!!

Oooooft £1200 option, Chris. The lads in that garage hadn't even seen pictures of the Alien Green. Tssssk.

The black grill and bumper look sweet against the white.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Oooooft £1200 option, Chris. The lads in that garage hadn't even seen pictures of the Alien Green. Tssssk.

Hi, I'm Warren. I'm an optician, call me!

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy

There's one in my local Renault in Warrington, looks stunning!!!!
£1200 quid well spent! Just like Acid ;)

Mini Cooper S sport
Still not sure about that front bumper, but it does look great with the black wheels, mirrors and diffuser.

Family Bus
Looks a lot better in white than the other's I've seen, still undecided about the front, but if you can feasibly do it, then why not!

You only live once!

Nimbus 197
Love it in white, definitely get it! I agree with the 200 making the 197 look dated. I sawed a few at Benfield the other day...white looks the best imo.

Trophy #490
I'm gonna go down to see if my local Renault dealer has one in this afternoon, just to see if it looks any better in the metal because on the photos it looks absolutely f***ing horrible!

The 197 was and still is such a good looking car, don't change it for this munter!

Insignia SRi
Wasnt a big fan of these when i first saw them but i did see a white one at Renault's the other day and it did look good, would have to be white though i dont really like it in the other colours!