ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New phone no laptop help

Audi A3
Hi guys,

I'm getting a new iphone this weekend, and scrapping my old 3gs so it'll be a massive improvement!

I backed up my itunes etc on a laptop that now wont charge, I've got a works ipad so never needed to use it. I imagine i can buy a battery so the laptop works.

But i was wondering if there was a way of my getting all my data/info from my 3gs to my 5 without using said laptop?

Thanks folks

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Yes, make sure the 3GS is updated to atleast firmware version 5.11

Then through your phone, back it up to your iCloud account (which uses your Apple ID)

Go on the new phone, and when setting up choose > "Set up as iCloud backup", or if you've already activated it, go into settings and to perform an iCloud backup will be in there somewhere.

320d M Sport
My mates got the same problem. He can't update as he's running an old version of IOS that doesn't have over the air software updates. He's knackered I think!?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
My mates got the same problem. He can't update as he's running an old version of IOS that doesn't have over the air software updates. He's knackered I think!?

Can't he just update his 3GS to iOS 5.11 or higher?

Settings > General > Software Update