ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Member From Greater Manchester!

LY 200
Hello all! :)

I've just got back from the dealership having paid my deposit on a Liquid Yellow 2011 Clio RS200, and I am picking the car up next Sunday.

I am 19 years old, from Bury, Greater Manchester where I have lived all my life. :)

LY 200
Thanks for the welcome guys!

This is my 2nd car, been driving a Fiesta MK7 Zetec S for just over a year. Great car and fun to drive, but it always leaves you wanting more power.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome! :)

However, when you say dealership - do you mean Bury Motors??

Pick the car up from them and NEVER darken their doors again. Honestly - there is zero customer interest there. I've had an ongoing issue with Renault UK and them for months. Not only shoddy work (losing my undertray, putting the engine cover on with bolts missing, etc) but massively overpriced too.

If my car ever broke down near there, I would happily push it the 60 miles to Birchdown myself.

Stay clear for any work that your car needs. They simply aren't worth the hassle.

D.

LY 200
Thanks for the welcome Darren.

Luckily no it isn't Bury Motors, thanks for the heads up though as I was probably going to turn to them to get it serviced etc.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
The end of your ad started to sound like an introduction of yourself on Blind Date!

Just kidding mate! Brilliant car choice especially for your age!

Best colour also.

LY 200
The end of your ad started to sound like an introduction of yourself on Blind Date!

Just kidding mate! Brilliant car choice especially for your age!

Best colour also.

Aha so it does! Thanks, I wasn't even proprerly looking for one when I stumbled across it, did some research and when I realised how well suited they are to what I want in a car and how rare they are in LY I jumped on it not long after. Turned out the dealer only had it for 4 days before my deposit was down.

Clio RS 200 '59
Welcome to the club Liam!

with you only being a young'n like myself (I'm 20) I also have a RS200, just wondering how you're going on with insurance? I'm having to wait until I'm 21 before insurers will even entertain the idea of insuring me...

LY 200
Hi Meado, yeah insurance isn't pretty. I'm paying an extra £500 on top of the £1000 odd I paid to insure the fiesta. I'm nearly halfway through my policy though so it works out at around £2000 for the year. I know someone who paid £2800 to insure a mk5 Fiesta though so I don't feel too bad about it.

Clio RS 200 '59
Which insurer are you with for them to even insure you? I'm with Aviva and they wouldn't even quote me to upgrade for 2months... But if I wait until October when I'm 21 it's practically £1000 so it's not too bad