ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new member asking a question on 182

clio 182
hi all sorry if this as been asked before but just bought my first french car a clio 182 2004 in blue. love the car, but its very lumpy on tick over and worse when cold??? is this normal please. thank you.:cool:

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Yes this is very normal, I think its to do with the aggresive cam profiles.

When cold the automatic choke kicks in and this can cause strange behaviour until warm. but once warm she run run fine, although still have a lumpy tick over.

clio 182
at what mileage does the cam belt have to be changed?? also the cost of it??? by the way raced a c2 vts yesterday pissed all over it!!

clio 182 black /gold
Is the came belt not 5 years or 72K. My advice is go to a renault specailist Like rentech or yozzasport etc. They use renault parts but don't rob you blind on labour costs.

Cliosport182
My car does the exact same mate.. pulls to the left abit and when under acceleration there seems to be a wierd noise from the exhaust.. almost like a knocking noise. 38,000 miles. Are the exhausts dodgy on the 182s?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
hi all sorry if this as been asked before but just bought my first french car a clio 182 2004 in blue. love the car, but its very lumpy on tick over and worse when cold??? is this normal please. thank you.:cool:

Yep - they all do it! Feels like a right bag of spanners from cold.

I have noticed however, that higher octane petrol like V-Power makes it idle much more smoothly. Probably adds about 0.2bhp as well.... ;)

It's also common for them to pull slightly to the left as well - even after a four-wheel alignment. If you can, I'd strongly recommend getting that done. It made mine a lot more pleasant to drive.

D.

clio 182
its a good car i would say just as quick as my civic type r I used to have. does handle as ggod as I thought though????? i was suprised that it didnt have a cd changer in it??? and it needs a 6 speed box!!:evil:

LY V6 with Recaros
Yeah, annoying but normal. I always kangaroo down the road first thing in the morning, embarassing if anyone's in the car!

To a degree yes it won't idel great due to the mapping.

It can be fixed with emaps etc but the cars far from being highly tunned or revvy.

defo normal , some worse than others imo , but should be clear after 5mins and get better when car is warm

Renaultsport 220T
Change the oil to some Silkolene Pro S 5/40. I found that it smooths out the cold starts lumpiness a bit.

Welcome to CS too.