ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Member Any tips/advice appreciated.

mk3 Clio 16v
Hello everyone.

After owning my Clio dynamique for 2 years i have finally decided to stop being a pleb and to start playing around with the visuals, performance etc.
I'm totally new to the whole modifying idea even though i have a a few car mad friends who tend to change everything on every car they ever own.
I'd love to see, hear what other clio owners have done to their cars in terms of mods etc. I really like the euro style stuff that appears to be popular with VW owners and think thats the route i'd go down with my car... Low and Slow is what i keep hearing ha ha.

Anyway just thought i'd say hi and see if anyone has the same interests in mods as i do and if they have any hints, tips, pics, experence they can share.

Thanks in advance.

P1dge

Just don't bother with any performance mods. You might as well throw money down the toilet for the use it will do. Styling is another matter....but just don't bother with performance.

mk3 Clio 16v
Welcome to ClioSport, P1dge :)

Thanks Brian. looking forward to having a good browse when i get off work later. theres some seriously nice cars here. although it now makes me want a sport and not my boring 1.4 bog standard lady motor :(

mk3 Clio 16v
Save up for the sport if that's what you really want.

I couldnt afford the insurance, checked a few months back and it was well over 3k!! i nearly died. thats another reason i've decided to start changing the clio i have now. its a compromise i guess, but one i'm happy about trying

172cup
Hi, If I was you I'd buy a leather 182 interior and fit that as this shouldn't push insurance up a lot but ask first if you wanted to tell them that is this make's the car feeling sporty with out playing with the performance then keep the rest standard and then just save up till you can afford a sport

mk3 Clio 16v
Can't say I really thought of the interior as a priority really. I've done no work at all today though after signing up here and have thought about the stuff I want doing :) one thing Im miffed with is just how pricey parts are for my mk3 in comparison to other makes etc. Coilovers especially. My mate only paid a couple of hundred for his on a mk3 golf. For the Clio there more than 500!!! Shocked