ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New MBP's Soon.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
6a00d83451c7b569e2014e8642e589970d.jpg

Looks like this is the new name for LightPeak.

light_peak_slide.jpg

Some spec in German for the 13.3

11x022387461wc-1298458761.jpg

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/23/apples-light-peak-implementation-called-thunderbolt-coming-in/

LY 182
To quote Ron Burgundy, "I'm in a glass cage of emotion".

I'm excited to find out the full details / specs etc.. But I'm gonna be gutted too because I'll want one so bad. Dammit!

Meh, roll on more info/dates for 2011 iMac's my poor old G5 needs retiring, it really does not like 720i and up media :(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You selling the G5? i might have a buyer. let me know if you do.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
11x02238145.jpg

That is apparently the new port. Looks like they are using display port.

You selling the G5? i might have a buyer. let me know if you do.

Dependent on what I'd get for it I may well sell it. It's the 20inch model with the base spec processor and no ram upgrades. It was the last model prior to the jump to the intel processors so (iSight variant) not a clue on it's value.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Cant wait to go in to Apple tomorrow.

Me - 'Hello, I bought this MBP on Sunday, but I dont really like it and want to bring it back'

Apple - 'Ok Sir, here is your refund'

Me - 'Thanks very much. However, I do like the look of that new MBP pro over there. I'd like to buy one instead please'

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I cant quite work you out sometimes Tom.

Is there a hint of sarcasm in there?

LY 182
There's no need to worry about it anyway. You don't have to state why you're returning it lol. I'm sure you won't be the only one.

Monaro VXR
Is no one else looking at those specs and seeing Intel 3000 graphics as the only GPU and thinking...b****cks they have gone backwards?

I mean honestly compared to the 320M its slower, compared to the 330M GT is a lot slower. And this is going in the MBP line up :(

I am happy to see a decent ish GPU in the 13" model though which means we could get some proper quad cores in the 17" versions now.

From the rumours I dont think I'll be gutted I bought my MBP earlier.

And I stand by my principle....if you wait for new technological releases...you'll never buy the damn thing!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

And I stand by my principle....if you wait for new technological releases...you'll never buy the damn thing!

Unless you upgrade every year, probably lose about £300-400 a year doing that, small price to pay really. Not that i'll be doing that.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
So when they announce the new one is that a good time to buy the old one how much do the prices go down?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
So when they announce the new one is that a good time to buy the old one how much do the prices go down?

They don't (ok, third party resellers who may still have stock may give a slight discount). Apple exhaust stock of the current models (barring what they need to keep back for warranty) and the new models simply replace the old ones.

If you search on MacRumors you'll never actually buy anything.

'Updates soon' blah blah blah. Unless it's an iPod/iPad/iPhone then the update schedules aren't as strict.

I waited for a new mini that was 'definitely' coming at MacWorld in about 07 I think. Then 'definitely' in Q2 and it never came. It was years later that it got an upgrade.

Same with my MBP. I bought it for my birthday in Nov when people were saying 'don't buy, update definitely in Jan' then it was Feb. Think the updates came in late March, maybe April in the end, so I'd gotten 6months use out of it and they were only minor speed bumps.

It's worth paying attention to what things are being said but taking them as gospel for the Macs is stooopid.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Definitely. None of this matte silver border sh*t.

If it's as you say, I'll trade my 15" down to a new 13" and pocket the change.

Quite excited!

I've been holding out for this update for a while. And always swither between the Air and the Pro. I can't seem to make my mind up. Yours is 15"?