ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New ipod touch won't sync properly

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I bought my Mum an ipod touch 6 (?) for Xmas, I copied a load of music from my hard drive onto hers, downloaded itunes, updated to latest software, it found all the music fine, setup her ipod, updated to latest software, sync it to itunes, no music on her ipod.

I have no clue how any of this crap works, i've had a 160GB ipod classic which was just plug and play, this new one is unfathomable.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Does it say syncing?

Is anything copying across?

I had to leave mine plugged in for an age, despite it saying it wasn't syncing anymore.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I've clicked sync loads of times, there isn't even that much music to sync, there's so much bullsh*t on the ipod to setup I have no clue if sh*t like icloud and other pointless b*llocks is vital for it to work, then verify this, sign into that, I don't want any of it, I just need the thing to play music, there's also so many 'fixes' for these problems on the internet it's unreal, all contradictory.

Apple products don't work.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Apple products don't work.

Generic 'nor do you' post.

But I agree. I got an iPhone because I was told they're simple to use. But they're not. iCloud, iTunes, wifi on or off, updates.... It's all nonsense.

I want to buy a phone and I want it to work for 2 years. At which point I'll upgrade. Simple.

But Apple don't want people to do that. They want to make s**t complicated.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Make sure everything is ticked to sync.

iCloud shouldn't matter. My iPod touch isn't signed in, as I just use it in the car.

If it is all set up to sync, then try leaving it plugged in on the sync screen for a while, as mine took a while, albeit that was 60gb of music.