ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio Model for 2005

Ziel Nurburgring

It looks ok in parts, but its going to be tough turning it into a sport version as it looks to upright. Think this will be one you need to see in the flesh to appreciate them

Just seen this in autoexpress today and I got to admit I kinda like it. When I saw the snap shots of the mark 2 clio I originally hated it but then went on to buy one! I think it will just take a while to get used to the shape. The 3 door is defo better than the 5 door.

That blue one is Gash-tastic! :sick:

Not a fan of the style direction they are taking small hatches, they seem to be getting to "small mpv" for my liking. Very upright. Its based on the Micra platform is it not?

Nippy white cup

Well have to wait and see....the Standard Civic is higher at the back than the type r so maybe renault will do a similar thing.

Chris

Octy vRS & Ninja 650

so does this mean when the new shape clio comes out in a few months, or a year or whatever, that my 53 reg one is gonna drop loads in value as its an old model?

Is it worth trying to sell it just before they start to release the new one?

Quote: Originally posted by Mike-bham on 15 January 2005

so does this mean when the new shape clio comes out in a few months, or a year or whatever, that my 53 reg one is gonna drop loads in value as its an old model?
Is it worth trying to sell it just before they start to release the new one?
Yep if its as good handling as here making it will make the 172/182 drop in price about £500 to £1k depending on spec IMO.

Seleling just before the new car come out wont matter the cars will start dropping in price as soon as people realise there is a new Clio Sport comming. Dont forget the new sport wont be here for 18 months so.

So what do ppl think the value of existing 182s will be in, say, 12 months, when the new shape has been around a while but still no sport models.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

I saw it earlier in the year in a mag, cant remember whicj one, and it said there would be a 2.0 ltr, and a 2.0 ltr turbo, as they said renault would no longer be doing a V6 clio, so the 2.0 ltr turbo was replacing it. Was 225bhp same as megane.

got to admit i aint that into it from the pics ive seen but then like said if id seen a pic of a 5 door clio 4 years ago i wouldve said the same so the 3 door and especially sport could be nicer.

ive seen the pics of the new civic as well and dont worry thats just as bad but going the curretn way, looks higher and is longer.

on the subject of build quality and factors i had a thought while reading through this,some people i.e me seem to have next to no problems with their clios some people have them all the time. do you think this could be anything to do with what factory their made in?ive read the 182 is made in france as well as SLOVENIA!and the others in spain and another country too. if so do you think itd be possible to specify what country your car is made in lol?

Personally after looking at it again I think it looks like a trolley, and not a very nice one at that! Cliosport values are safe:D

i think that it looks pretty acceptable... i quite like it,especially the 3 door... i guess that the prices on the sh market wont drop til the end of 2006... so from my opinion...theres no need to worry...

Suzuki SV650

Door handles resemble the laguna & megane ones, keycard technology for the Clio at last? Got any interior pictures?