ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new car thoughts

german
Thinking of trading in the 182 for something a bit bigger.
Had a look at Seat Leons at the weekend. Cupra obviously the step up from the 182 in terms of performance. But, having a senior sensible moment and thinking about the FRs. Anyone know much about the petrol, TDI variants?

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
if you mean new. i'd have a FR as it can be mapped to the sames power as the cupra anyway as its the same engine. (same as Golf GTI, GTI edition 30, Cupra and audi 2.0T) the leon 170 bhp TDI is one of the fasted TDI about. and i've no heard a bad word against them

used (old shape) leons i'd have the cupra. as it prpb hold its value better

german
Cheers, I shall pop over to MK Seat and have a look. Any other cars you think I should look at in that bracket (new shape)?

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
the megane r26 is the fastest of the current "hot hatches" under the 20K mark. i dont like the arse on it but thats just me.

all the talk about the Astra VXR and understeer probs imo is rubbish. maybe on a track but on a road, you would have to be doing silly speeds for it to be a big issue. ( ive never owned one myself but driven one a number of times quickly and not had a problem) The Astra ia the best looking IMO.

but if you plan to keep the car for a while you cant go wrong with a Golf as they hold there value better than all of them. (but are more exspensive to buy in the first place)

MY10 R35 GTR
the leom tdi's are great cars. IM always impressed with my mates one evety time i get in it. He got it with the btcc kit which makes the car look alot better than standard.

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
No dates on the RS yet but it will be FWD and not 4WD as was hoped,will just be a quicker ST if thats the case.Earliest PREDICTED dates are mid 2009,the new facelift ST was released on 1st March with 08 plates.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
The VXR torque steers all over the road. That was enough for me.

Referring to the crap, bias, Top Gear review? The VXR is a fantastic car, they don't handle badly or torque steer like a pig in real life either - granted if you nail it from a stand still, with the TC off, with your hands off the wheel, it will torque steer - but I'm pretty sure any FWD car on the road would...

The FR does remap to the 240bhp of the Cupra, but the Cupra will remap to 300bhp...

Dan