ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car JDM content...

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Small Update! Apologies in advance for the first 3 photo's, they were taken using my iPhone.

Having a shiny steering wheel was really starting to bug me and after reading a thread over on ITR-DC5.com with a chap using "magic sponges" he'd ordered from Ebay to sort his steering wheel out, i thought I'd get some ordered and have a crack at it myself.

They arrived a couple of days later, i think there was about 10 of them for £2. You just add water and rub away the dirt, i can only imagine the sponge acts as a mild abrasive.

The "magic sponge"
11820489213_9ce8872da4.jpg

Before
11820639244_506ca20bac_c.jpg

Untitled by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

I gently rubbed my way around the whole wheel paying special attention to the thumb grips and after around 10 minutes i dried it off to see what difference it had made.

After - Matte finish now matches the centre
11820643654_ea6a048ab7_c.jpg

Untitled by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

I'm under the impression the wheel wont stay matte forever but at least i know what to do when it starts to get shiny now and i still have another 9 sponges!

On December 28th I took the Integra down to Curborough which is a sprint course pretty local to me. I knew a few people who were running their cars and thought I'd go down and maybe have a play using it as a chance to blow some dust off my GoPro.

Unfortunately as I parked up this was being pulled off the track...Poor VRS.
11606649726_cc3beec7fe_c.jpg

DSC_0116 by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

Even though the weather had been dry all morning and that big yellow thing in the sky we don't see much of was out, the track was still largely greasy as the driver of this Fabia VRS found out on the first sweeping left hander. I was told the rear end stepped out and it was a case of he over-corrected it which sent him careering into the grass embankment. Nobody was hurt though so i guess that's the main thing.

Anyway, so after seeing this as soon as i pulled up and watching at least 2 other cars spin off the track in the first hour of being there i decided to give the greasy sprint track a miss in my newly acquired pride and joy which i was still getting used to! Instead I left the 'teg sitting pretty parked up, here's a couple of pictures for you guys.

11605867315_2b8e786af5_c.jpg

DC5 at Curborough by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

11606100123_7f8b83a918_c.jpg

DC5 at Curborough by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

Next up is a session on the rolling road just to see how the engine is performing and to see how much torque I haven't got.

That's about it for now really, thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Next up is a session on the rolling road just to see how the engine is performing and to see how much torque I haven't got.

Know'z it! :D

Wheel looks good mate, might have a look at those sponges myself.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Know'z it! :D

Wheel looks good mate, might have a look at those sponges myself.

Haha! Made me laugh too!

Looking good Wayne! You still need to come over to help me clean the semen stains off the recaros ;)

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Did the 4k kick bring on a prem ejac?!

I'll pop over as soon as we get a dry day with the secret cleaning solution Chris!

Lovely car mate, i'd love one. Really missing my ek9 there's just something about them and i can imagine you get the feeling with your DC5 too.

Good job on the wheel, i saw the same thread on itr-dc5. CW is by far the nicest colour for a dc5.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
No they're DC5 seats, some come in black as apposed to red.
Unfortunately they do wear really badly, you can buy new bolsters and new bolster covers new from capital seating.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Just seen your post in Bjorns thread! A worn upper bolster would put me right off to be honest as to my knowledge the whole seat would have to be re-covered.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Just seen your post in Bjorns thread! A worn upper bolster would put me right off to be honest as to my knowledge the whole seat would have to be re-covered.

Just been googling and it looks to be the case..So either new seat or retrim. I've emailed a few local companies to see what it'd cost. Ones an official Recaro dealer so we'll see. Otherwise I don't think I could do it to myself.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Bide your time and find one that you are 100% happy with mate. Unless you're getting the car cheap of course.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Bide your time and find one that you are 100% happy with mate. Unless you're getting the car cheap of course.

Its a good price and other than the seat its lovely.

$_58.jpg

Granted it's not as nice as yours but probably a damn site cheaper.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
That does look tidy, just seen it on EBay and for that price with relatively low miles I'd try and sort that seat out!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I like the blue tbh.

Oh and capital sell the material for the seats should any of you guys ever need it. £90 for a 70cm x 1m sheet.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I like the blue ones too!

I think the black look decent too

White is the colour for this car though I do agree

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
My mate Nick had a NHB Type R and after a lick of wax it looked as glossy as a sheet of glass. Loved that colour, had a blue fleck in it too.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
I'll probably get shot down in flames for this but here goes...

Here's some footage I recorded shortly after fitting the AEM V2 intake, sound quality isn't great.

Enjoy....I did!

Last edited by a moderator:

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Sounds decent, bet it sounds better in person like most things.