ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car...Boring content!

Monaco 172
So some of you will find this unbelievably dull and won't have any sort of love for this car, but i imagine maybe a couple may like my post, so thought i'd stick it on here anyway!!

Got rid of the Clio back in january now and waited til now to find the right car to replace it.

Initially want a passat or golf but then found out about the Jetta.
it's basically a golf with a boot, and a lot cheaper to buy!

Anyway, heres a few pictures.

Spec is 2.0 Tdi, 6 speed Sport.
140bhp not sure about the torque figure.

WP_20140423_002_zpsbe26da20.jpg

WP_20140423_003_zps33db24f5.jpg

Plans are to basically keep it well looked after, lower it some and change the wheels.
Thanks for reading!

Monaco 172
Yeah seen a few on air etc. Can't afford air but gona get some coilovers and better wheels, see what happens!
I'll try keep this updated when/if anything happens

Yeah seen a few on air etc. Can't afford air but gona get some coilovers and better wheels, see what happens!
I'll try keep this updated when/if anything happens
I'd just leave it alone tbh, spend the money on a new TV or some hookers or something.

Monaco 172
I love the look of silly lows and wheels, something like this
reflexsilverideas_zpsc308d196.jpg

however, realistically im liking this.
OEMreflex_zps3a4775e8.jpg

perfectstance_zpsc3d991d7.jpg

It looks nice on the Passat CC / Scirroco twisty wheels :approve: they look a sweet option for not mega money.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Any reason why you bought it? Need a mile muncher etc?

Just Golf would have been a bit credible and cool with mods.

Monaco 172
Preferred this over a golf by far! Far too many golfs out there, and the golfs are alot more expensive than this. Plus after having two clios ive realised that Saloon>Hatchback ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Never really answered my question though. Was it bought for a particular reason or just because you liked it?

Monaco 172
I bought it because i preferred it over a golf. Diesel will come in handy for work as i was looking for better MPG's than the clio. Plus the huge boot is gona be handy for work too so seemed like a winner.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I love these. You can buy a 3+ year newer car for the same money as a golf so it's a no brainer really.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Nice. I had one of these a few years ago. Black 2.0TDI 140 as well. I loved it. Still wish I had it sometimes. Sport spec suits these better. Bigger wheels and a slight drop over the S or SE spec models. Only thing I did to mine was a boot lip spoiler and sport wheels (mine was an SE).

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I like the standard 17's that are on it. If you're selling them, give me a PM.

Monaco 172
Little update.....Ordered my coilovers for the car last night, will hopefully make it look a bit better! Still on the lookout for some wheels but moneys tight at the moment :(
Will update soon when fitted.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
I had one as a company car for a short period, 1.9 TDI DSG though. Had a huge boot which seemed bigger then the Passat I got after, not as much interior space though. Was good at what it was, comfortable mile muncher, by no means entertaining at anything though.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I had one as a company car for a short period, 1.9 TDI DSG though. Had a huge boot which seemed bigger then the Passat I got after, not as much interior space though. Was good at what it was, comfortable mile muncher, by no means entertaining at anything though.

I believe the boot is indeed bigger than the Passat.

Monaco 172
Yeah it seems like a great all rounder. Obviously no where near as exciting as the clio but not exactly slow either :p

Monaco 172
So finally got the Jetta lowered yesterday :) Handles brilliantly, maybe a bit low but we shall see how it goes...heres a few pics :)

jetta4_zps1c11764f.jpg

jetta3_zps01fe9f83.jpg

jetta2_zps87e38053.jpg

jetta1_zps7e0cced6.jpg

Just want to find some good wheels to sit right :p

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
It looks too low at the moment but it'll look perfect with the right wheels! :approve:

Monaco 172
Agreed. The wheels/tyre combo is completely wrong for the lowness, hopefully be getting some wheels ASAP then it should sit well :)