ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New barge M-Sport

Evo 6, E92 320d
My dad picked up his newish 520d m sport yesterday, really nice car and so much better built that the clio by 10000%. I say newish as it was the garage demo car and has only done 4k, has business media pack, 1/2 leather and is in carbon black.
Just a quick clean and a coat of srp gave a nice result, can't wait to get some good wax on it( and for the insurance to be sorted for me to drive it)
S6300567.jpg

S6300568.jpg

S6300570.jpg

S6300571.jpg

S6300569.jpg

Only change that may be made are the bulbs for the halos to be swapped for whiter ones, as the factory bulbs are yellow which looks cack against the xenons.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I like the look of the 5 series, a lot. If I was in the market for one though, I would not be looking at anything lower than the 530d.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
170 odd bhp aren't they....no slouch on the motorways... i have the 150 bhp e46 and that goes ok once you find the boost.

no 172 on twisty roads though

Evo 6, E92 320d
Lol, its actually not that bad, pulls well for a heavy car. Unsure of the torque but hp is 177. He wants me to take it to the next essex rr day to see what it makes.

Evo 6, E92 320d
I like the look of the 5 series, a lot. If I was in the market for one though, I would not be looking at anything lower than the 530d.

He was considering the 530 but in the end went for the 520 as tax was lower and this get 50-60+ mpg.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
very nice, but as said I wouldn't touch the 2.0 personally, atleast the 530 but would go for the 535 and the 19"s. The 19"s are stunning and really make the car.

Tangoed Works
Awesome but as said willbe sluggish as anything. Have been piloting a 59 plate 320d for the last few days and it was fairly nippy but a bit lethargic in3 rd gear upwards. That's 1550 kg approx so not sure how this wil fair.

Nice motorway cruiser tho.Would rather a e class. Leagues ahead in terms of comfort.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You say its built better than the clio....

You don't say?! I'd never have guessed....

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
My mum and dad have a 525d M Sport its very nice, definatly not slow. Has heads up display which is awesome love that. Got a few little bits done to it, has a boot lid spoiler had 20inch rims but they cracked on the welds so back the to 18's. Only thing i hate is its really uncomfortable. I took it for a drive once managed to kick the back out a little bit but got scared ha ha.

I took it for a drive once managed to kick the back out a little bit but got scared ha ha.
Done this in my dad's 320i in the wet, full on 'threw it round the corner with the arse sliding around' :D that was with the DTC setting still on too ffs.

320d
Realy like the 5 series M sports. The 520d is no slouch, 0-60 in 8.3 seconds and 140+ mph top speed isnt exactly slow especially for a car that will do 50-60mpg. Personally i'd want a 530/5d but its still a great car.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
We have a white one at work 525d msport, stunning. 10k repair bill with 495miles on the clock.

Shame.

BMW 330D
My future father in law has an older 530d.
I asked him what i should go for.
He said avoid 2.0 d and go for the 3.0d
Hence i now drive a 330d which f**king flies lol.
Very nice beemer your dad has mate!

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Shame its not the 6-pot 525d, however they really are a tax efficient vehicle and look the nuts...........Cracking car.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
would prefer full leather and auto also, but its miles better than anything my dad has ever had.