ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 200 detailing

Da

Less
Having had the car over to John @ Miglior Detailing yesterday, it was obvious that the paintwork isn't in great condition for a 3 month old car. Most probably due to the dealer 'cleaning' the car prior to me collecting it.
Had plenty of visible buffer trails, amongst other things, under the inspection lamp.

Anyway, booked in for a full New Car Detail to restore the original shine and hopefully return the car to it's pre-showroom condition.

I will update this thread with all the before and after pictures once I collect the car on Wednesday.

Looking forward to seeing the results! :approve:

200 Gordini
Nice one, I recognise the name.. Is he on detailing world?

Can you PM where you got your HIDs from?

Da

Less
I do believe he is yes, but I got his contact details from over on 197.net.

I'll PM you the details regarding the HID's now.

Da

Less
Well, I have collected the car and it looks amazing! Much better than it did the day I collected it from Renault :approve:

Pics to follow...

172 with k-tec sound
yes it looks awesome, and his work is second to none, after daz kindly showed me his website.

Da

Less
A few pics courtesy of Jay @ Migilior...

Before

7.jpg

During

34.jpg

27.jpg

The finished product

54.jpg

Fulll write up (to follow) will be posted in the Media section.

:approve:

How much did you pay for the detail, if you dont mind me asking?

I get mine in December and im thinking of taking it to a pro as I havent got a garage and dont fancy detailing a car in freezing cold weather lol... Also by then ill have a sack load of uni work to be doing :S

Da

Less
The full works including an interior clean and all the exterior work is about £320, but I had an enhancement detail to take it back to how it looked before it left the factory. If you want a new car prep then give Jay a call and he can sort that too, but I'm unsure on prices etc.

The front Brembo's look amazing now they've been waxed, all the arches are spotless LOL!

wow, they are some uber clean arches.

Same spec id choose as well. Really grown on me these 200's. Cup spoiler makes it full of win ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Can I just say John really is one of the best in the business.

And his workspace probably is the best in the business.

Good choice DA.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I checked JD I can't see it.

Usually takes a week before they put it up to be fair.

Mk4 .:R32
These look so much nicer with projector headlamps with HID/xenon bulbs .

Top spec car, awesome work.

LY 182
Is there no thread on DW? Wanted to see some more pics / detailing write up, absolutely gorgeous that is!

(Maybe your thread will have more. /Fail)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If you imagine all the photos and stuff it's roughly a week after and he doesn't write up all his details.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Very nice.

A bit unsure on why you've done this just before winter, but nice none the less.

172 with k-tec sound
went round to daz's today to see it in the flesh, and all i can say is wow just wow, truly awesome work it looks the way it should have done when he picked it up.

Da

Less
Daniel - did it before the winter to protect the paint, wheels, arches etc etc from all the crap that's liable to be slung at the car over the coming months. It had been 'cleaned' by the dealer, but it's safe to say it had no protection of any sort on the paintwork.

Dirt no longer sticks, it simply slides off - which is what I wanted.

As people will know, I'm no 'detailer', more of a drive it, don't polish it, kinda guy, but given that it's a brand new car I simply wanted to try and preserve it's condition for as long as possible. I'll still be throwing it round track from time to time ;)

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, Jay (John) really has done superb work. I too cannot wait to see the full write up, and as soon as it appears I shall post it over on here for people to see.

LY 182
Lol you'll love how easy it is to clean a car when it's protected properly! Simple shampoo and the water usually beads awesome and drying is a piece of pish.

So want this car right now!