ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

network connected, no internet!

Monaco 172
network is connected fine, says so in control panel and lights are flashing where they should be.

however...website found...waiting for response...done. no website.

any idea why this is....it is configured to detect settings automatically so its not that....2 computers are doing this...any ideas greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Monaco 172
yea, its picking up the same stuff as this conputer apart from ip address ovbiously.

its onboard network card....do you think a cheapo PCI one would make a difference?

DMS

A thirsty 172
Do "ipconfig /all" instead. That'll give you more info. As well as giving you the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway it'll give you the DNS server IP addresses.
See if they match those of the computer you're using.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
try pinging an internal and then external ip, could be dns related.

whats the ipaddress if it's a 169. address then dhcp is off by the sounds of it

my draytek router on my desk at work played up other day 1 pc had been connected fine for ages and was still working plugged another in it wouldnt get a dhcp address reboot router both worked again

A red missile
I've had s**t like this, drives me nuts, i'd check the router to make sure that it's not set to only allow computers with specific mac addresses have accesss, I do this as another way of stopping random barstewards raping my wireless network. If the machines are running Vista (hurl) or 7 (mwaa) look at windows defender, look at the network settings on the machine that wont get access and make sure its in the same workgroup, thats all if the stuff mentioned previously doesn't work.

DCi
I've had s**t like this, drives me nuts, i'd check the router to make sure that it's not set to only allow computers with specific mac addresses have accesss, I do this as another way of stopping random barstewards raping my wireless network. If the machines are running Vista (hurl) or 7 (mwaa) look at windows defender, look at the network settings on the machine that wont get access and make sure its in the same workgroup, thats all if the stuff mentioned previously doesn't work.
random barstewards who rape networks can forge mac addresses :rasp:

windows defender is just a spyware scanner, it shouldnt block any network traffic (?!) and workgroups are for sharing files - shouldn't stop connecting to the internet usually.

i would do

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

if that dont work restart the router, probably just being crap.

Monaco 172
restarting the router has helped a bit, but some of the f**king things keep connecting and disconnecting.

the ips are all 192.168.1.*** but i checked the router and DHCP is turned on no problem

any other suggestions?