ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need my under tray resprayed....where?

Ok so this isn't about a Clio part, but I'm a loyal member anyway ;)

Basically, I want my rear diffuser resprayed as it's a bit tatty....and as pretty much everything on the car is either yellow or black....an aluminium finish looks a bit odd.

I don't want to do it myself with rattle cans, as I want a proper job. As it's on the underside of the car, it'll go through a bit of abuse in Winter....so I'd rather have it properly sprayed and baked etc.

Where do you go to get this sort of work done? Would alloy wheel repair/resprayers do this sort of thing? What would the rough cost be for a panel that size?

And by any chance, any one know a place near Cheltenham?

Ta

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Normal paint will not last. Ideally you want it powder coating.

There's that place in Birmingham, City Powder coating I think its called. They only charge £20 to do an alloy wheel so it can't be a lot more, if any, to do an under tray.

hmmmm.....went to a body shop after work. They said they'd want around £150 all in to do it! That's very nearly the price of a brand new diffuser!!

Should it really be that much?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
hmmmm.....went to a body shop after work. They said they'd want around £150 all in to do it! That's very nearly the price of a brand new diffuser!!

Should it really be that much?

I just paid a bit over that to have four wheels dipped, blasted and then powder coated!

My Dad might be able to help me out, as he could sweet talk a supplier who we work with.

f**k paying the price of a brand new diffuser though!

It's not an urgent job at all, just another little cosmetic mod. I'll if my Dad can sort anything out first. Thanks

Its quite a size really, at the end of the day if you want a proper job you have to pay for it, if you want it to last it has to be properly preped, esp being Alum, etch primer, 2k primer, paint and lacquer, £150 sounds pretty cheap to me, there will be a good few hours in that to prep it properly and when you take into account VAT and material costs, that doesnt leave a very window for labour.......

It would last just like the rest of the paint job on the car, no more prone to chipping than anything else......PC will be tougher but its getting someone who will spray it well, alot of industrial places will quote you very happy, but it will be thick and very very pealy with a ton of sh*t in it. Lets face it, OEM finishes are normally paint for bling parts , or lacquered PC, this should tell you something imo.....

Obviously we can do it Post and Return.....

Cheers,
Simon

Last edited: