ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a new wheel cleaner

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Currently using AS Smart Wheels, but don't think it's very good. Used Bilberry before too. Want something new, something that requires minimal work, spray on, agitate and rinse. I'm having to hit my wheels 3 times with AS SW to get them clean!

Which means they're not sealed. Suggest cleaning them as best you can, IronX, Tardis, Clay, Polish, IPA wipedown and seal. Then you'll need nothing more than warm soapy water.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Which means they're not sealed. Suggest cleaning them as best you can, IronX, Tardis, Clay, Polish, IPA wipedown and seal. Then you'll need nothing more than warm soapy water.

In that case, what shall I use to seal them? :)

Depends how au fait you are with the prep process. If you are happy to do all the above and then apply a nanosealant that requires care and concentration when working with it, Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour (or something similar if you're more of a CarPro fan etc).

If not, something like Poorboys Wheel Sealant, FinishKare1000p Hi Temp Sealant, Planet Polish Seal and Shine etc.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Depends how au fait you are with the prep process. If you are happy to do all the above and then apply a nanosealant that requires care and concentration when working with it, Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour (or something similar if you're more of a CarPro fan etc).

If not, something like Poorboys Wheel Sealant, FinishKare1000p Hi Temp Sealant, Planet Polish Seal and Shine etc.

Is it really worth £22? I've got some FinishKare1000p wax and have tried that before but didn't seem to make any difference tbh. Might try the Poorboys!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I have the PB Wheel Sealant and its 'ok' but going from what I have seen/read I'd spend the £10 extra.

Wish my wheels were in a condition to warrant buying he C5 :(

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I have the PB Wheel Sealant and its 'ok' but going from what I have seen/read I'd spend the £10 extra.

Wish my wheels were in a condition to warrant buying he C5 :(

That's the trouble mate, mine aren't either.. mine are terrible. I'll buy the PB off you ;)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
That's the trouble mate, mine aren't either.. mine are terrible. I'll buy the PB off you ;)

I'm a hoarder, I will order C5 at some point and just stash my PB's in a drawer, I have never sold on any cleaning gear even though I constantly buy alternatives.

Do you mean Hot Wheels? Your statement above is incorrect btw, its good for the money but that's about it.

Ambiguous post is ambiguous (his, not yours pizza boy). Technically, it is a good wheel cleaner. And Purple Wonder Wheels is the Hot Wheels as there isn't another purple Wonder Wheels. Wut?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
It's good but its not the best, Bloody good vfm when bought on offer though.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
15ml will be enough for 6x 16" wheels if applied correctly.

Most will make the mistake when first using it to over apply. It spreads much further than you think

PH2 Flamer
Will bare that in mind mate.

Does it give a 'glossy' finish. As my wheels, once cleaned using bilberry/AF imperial make them go dull. So usually have to go over them with a wheel wax or sometimes a polish.

Not sure if I can use this over products such as mint rims etc?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Think you need to do more research on the product. It needs to be perfect, if you get the prep 99% right it will fail

Mk3 P1 dymanique 16v
I have tryed al sorts of wax sealants n poor was was the better but 100% go for the C5
n all i do is spray with dodo juice yellow mellow (i know not a popular choice) but its so easy