ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Naples MK1 Track car project

Mk1 F4R
Few more items for the dishwasher

IMG_8745.jpg

IMG_8746.jpg

IMG_8747.jpg

I also went on a spending spree yesterday

172 gasket kit
Bosh spark plugs
Champion oil filter
Halfords fuel filter
Halfords advanced coolant
2 williams trackrod ends
2 172 ball joints
172 Thermostat switch
Naples red paint
Loctitite black silicone

IMG_2075.jpg

Also got quite a few items from ryan k

'92 172, Lotus Elise
part number tbh ;) - they definitely longer than 16v ones?

also, I disapprove of 172 clocks :dapprove: ;)

Mk1 F4R
The clocks are going to be the last thing on the list to do, if i do get round to putting them in, good thing is it does all the mpg and other stuff too. Personally i think they look miles better lookin tbh

The part no for the williams track rod ends is : 606 74 5140

'92 172, Lotus Elise
my clocks do mpg etc too :D

So the williams TREs are the same part number as valver ones then?

No, from the 5 Valver Racks and 3 Williams Racks ive had (weather the people on C16V believe it or not), not to mention the other ones ive seen...

Valver = Male Arms, Female Track Rod Ends

Williams = Longer Female Arms, Male Track Rod Ends

Four different part numbers for the track rod ends (Valver + Williams, Left + Right), but they are the same size (Length). Ive heard people say that some valver racks have Female Arms on other sites, but ive never seen one myself from the ones ive had or seen in pictures...

Ever measured them? Get the tape measure out next time youve got the wheel off...

Ive got my pics of the valver + williams arms next to tape measures somewhere...

'92 172, Lotus Elise
where would you measure to? up to the balljoint or including the balljoint? (the inner one that attaches to the rack)

Mk1 F4R
Took the engine down to ryan k so we could put the piston in the bottom end (couldnt be bothered to buy the tool) and needed to go down to buy some stuff off him

IMG_2061.jpg

knocked it in with a hammer

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

Got some more done on the engine lastnight

We took the flywheel off the bottom end so we could put it upon an engine stand, once it was on we turned it over so we could take the sump off. We then took the old piston apart so we could get the big end bearings out to put into the new piston

IMG_2077.jpg

putting the bearing on

IMG_2078.jpg

piston pushed up to the crank

IMG_2080.jpg

We then fitted the big end lower half tapped it down slightly then put the bolts in and it was done, turned over fine

IMG_2082.jpg

Turned the engine back over to inspect the new piston abit more to then come across this, well annoyed
2 big scores in the cylinder, we have put it down to the old piston

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2089.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

There are a few other mark on it too so we think this is were valves have hit the block.

I packed up and then started to put the valves back in the head with new stem seals, wot a tricky task putting the collets back in it is

IMG_2098.jpg

IMG_2102.jpg

First 8 done only took an hour

IMG_2103.jpg

and finally all 16 back in 45 mins later

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_2105.jpg

I am now on the lookout for a bottom end in good condition if you know anyone or have one please let me know asap would be much appreciated

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
that's proper gutting mate. good progress on the head.

you going to stick some cams in whilst your at it or will that stretch to budget to much

Track valver + Ibiza FR
Looking good mate, it'll be worth it when its done! It's been a while since I've seen you, I'll pop over sometime when your about.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
wtf, yours came with the washers... i was told by Kam who contacted AST that they didnt anymore so mine currently dont have any, fail.

They are awesome btw :)

Mk1 F4R
wtf, yours came with the washers... i was told by Kam who contacted AST that they didnt anymore so mine currently dont have any, fail.

They are awesome btw :)

Well i guess it was pot luck any of us could of got them when they got to kam racing and then straight out in the post prob didnt even open them, im sure it wont cost much for 6 washers ;)

Mk1 F4R
Little update on wots been going on the last few days

Inlet now looks like this

IMG_2179.jpg

IMG_2183.jpg

Ive also been painting the rocker cover, cam cover, fuel rail guard, lower inlet and top mount bracket not got any pics yet, ill be painting the subfame in the next few days ready to go back on the car

Mk1 F4R
looking good, the writing would look sick polished.

Think ill stay with the naples and white for abit looks good imo

he was telling me last night.. fingers crossed it's a good one, and he isn't asking silly money. let me know if it's a gooden.

yep going to go and have a look at it later, hopefully itll be ok and i can bring it home

That looks really good, how did you end up painting the white bit?

I took my time with a really small paint brush, now its dry im going to tuch it up with naples as the white dripped down the letters abit

Mk1 F4R
Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh This car is really starting to get on my nerves ive bought 2 bottom ends and both have been broke and the one i bought yesterday was the worst of the 2
Ill updater later, as im so angry at the mo as wot to do and were to go from here on

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
that's a proper shitter mate.

was the second one miss sold to you or sold on good faith that is was alright.