ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nürburgring lap record smashed!

Focus, GSXR1000 & R6
Yes work for the Powertec, a sister company that build the engines. Not sure how much you can really class the car as a drivable road car but people do buy them for the road!

Amazing round any track though!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
sweet! wonder how much these things cost? i might have some spare change down the back of the sofa ;)

Focus, GSXR1000 & R6
The 2.8 V8 powered SR8 LM, as used to set the record, starts at £89,000 so if you have one very big sofa there may just be enough spare change there!

set only yesterday? wikipedia's updated already!

i know the outright record's still a way off in real-world terms, but these modern specials are getting closer and closer to some of the monumental laps

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
The 2.8 V8 powered SR8 LM, as used to set the record, starts at £89,000 so if you have one very big sofa there may just be enough spare change there!

may have to raid everyone in the country's sofa now then!!

Focus, GSXR1000 & R6
No not road legal in some places like USA so some argument against it being real production car record but still not a bad time for even a 2.8L Car!

Focus, GSXR1000 & R6
set only yesterday? wikipedia's updated already!

i know the outright record's still a way off in real-world terms, but these modern specials are getting closer and closer to some of the monumental laps

Wikipwedia may still have the old info as we held it originally with 4 cyl turbo and then a 2.6 now done with 2.8!

Ignore that, loads of rubbish I just looked and it is updated!

Last edited:

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
think the caparo is gonna go for sub 6.11 on the ring to beat that old porka.

Theres an article on it in the new pc mag, waiting for it to be perfect before they do any official timed runs.....

They recon if it entered with the formula 3s it would qualify on pole every race and win every race..... mental. Oh an it also says that on a "mile straight it will do 0-197mph. twice." surely a misprint... once is impressive!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
ive actually done a bridge to gantry in my 182 in under a minute.

it's a minor shame about the quality, but that's an interesting vid. he almost bins it on the very first corner!

be incredible if the Caparo lives up to that claim

it's road legal. my thought was that, if it's used on the road, it's a road car; if it's being used on track, it's a track car

not read it but i think Pistonheads got all excited about the road car thing

it's an achievement and it's British. that'll do!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The car was completely set up for street driving, raised suspension, road leagl tyres, the lot. They even drove it all the way from Peterborough to the Ring going over speed bumps and getiing on and off the ferry with no problems.It was in evo this month...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not that impressed tbh. Do it in something that's not a race car.

I don't care what Radical say, it's not a proper road car

Where do you draw the line, two seats and a roof?!

Most people would agree that a Caterfield is a production road car, and that's not a million miles away from a Radical. I've seen a Radical on UK roads before: it's a road car.

In my opinion it's more of an achievement than these one-off specials they build to challenge the 'Ring times, at least anyone with £90k could quite happily go out and buy one of these and drive it to work...if they wanted to.

Not that impressed tbh. Do it in something that's not a race car.

Regardless of the road car argument, it's still a very, very fast time, even more so considering they genuinely drove it to the circuit. Got to give them that much.

it's a minor shame about the quality, but that's an interesting vid. he almost bins it on the very first corner!

be incredible if the Caparo lives up to that claim
I noticed that, had to look back at it again, that would have cost a fair bit of time no?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Lol at "it's not a road car". It's as much a road car as most hypercars. Brilliant that once again it's a British company hdong the record. I suspect the caparo will take the record.
Can't be too long before one of these runs ends in tragedy though.