ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My wee pearl black 1.2

So i already have a thread with this on it but i thought id make a new one with everything on one post!

So i started off with this (Not my actual car) 100% bog standard!
start2.jpg

start.jpg

I then decided that the inside was too bland, so i spiced it up a bit with carbon wrap :)
photo10.jpg

Also added a new radio in there!
photo11.jpg

The outside was too boring too so i thought alloys was the answer and also wrapping the diamonds! I got myself some 17" alloys and wrapped the diamonds.
photo1.jpg

photo7.jpg

Also got myself an RS grill to make it look better!
photo4.jpg

Note:all the carbon wrap is done in black, no white.

After putting my car on this people said to dump the towbar, go for smaller alloys and colour code. I tried my best to take that towbar off but it would not budge! I got the plug off but that was it :( I tried my hand at a bit of colourcoding, in my opinion it doesnt look too shabby. (handles, clio badge and bump strips)
IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

As its a wee 1.2 i thought id get a strut brace, it just looked cool in my opinion and it actually does handle better too.
IMG_0029.jpg

Got some new bulbs too! Rear number plate bulb and some silver indicators!
IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

My steering wheel was in a complete state so a new one was orderded! Changed myself, so scared about that airbag going off :(
IMG_1563.jpg

Went for the MOT yesterday and had to get a new bonnet catch as the old was just rust and broke :(
IMG_0030.jpg

All shiney :D

Also on thursday night i got myself some 172 alloys from shandyruss on here! Great deal!
Once i got them home, the next day i done a bit of TLC on the centre caps as they had chipped paintwork :(
IMG_0028.jpg

Also sparyed the wee diamonds!
IMG_0027.jpg

And on the car
IMG_1557.jpg

The boot felt thingy that covers the spare was so flimsy that i decided to put some carpet under felt to use! I traced around it, cut it out and stuck it to the under side :) Looks far better now
IMG_1560.jpg

So thats all i have done so far. I do plan to take the towbar off!
So here are a couple of how it stands now
IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

All comments and feedback is welcome :)
Thanks

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Lower it a touch and get that tow bar removed and that would be spot on.. Sport upper grill would look nice too. :)

Clio 172 ph2
The wheels do look a lot better than those black ones!!! Looks clean too. Will no doubt catch ya again soon!

Arctic 182FF
Looking good. As stated earlier it looks much better on the 172 alloys :) if I was you I'd get some lowering springs (or coilovers if you've got the money) and possibly a sport interior? Since you've already got the sport steering wheel I think it'd make it awesome inside too. Could also consider getting spacers so that the wheels sit a little further out. But to be honest looks really good as it is, nicely done :)

A wee future plan for the upcoming week is to spray the bullets the same colour as the alloys. Get rid of the 16V and replace it with something different. I'll be sure to update my progress. Thanks for the feedback.

Looking good. As stated earlier it looks much better on the 172 alloys :) if I was you I'd get some lowering springs (or coilovers if you've got the money) and possibly a sport interior? Since you've already got the sport steering wheel I think it'd make it awesome inside too. Could also consider getting spacers so that the wheels sit a little further out. But to be honest looks really good as it is, nicely done :)
appreciated!! Spacers is a thought, lowering I'm not so sure. It'd look far better yes but I dunno, time will tell.
The 172 alloys really does clean it up!

So today i went and got another set of bullets to replace these ones
IMG_0058.jpg

Got them sanded flat and all primed up
IMG_0046.jpg

How they ended up, pretty pleased :)
IMG_0055.jpg

Also deciede to do the diamond like this too, just a wee experiment.
IMG_0057.jpg

Dont have any pictures of them on the car. Will do tomorrow :)

So its been a while since i updated anything. Today i gave the car a well deserved clean inside and out! Floors were bogging, car was bogging, grit all over it and the dust was lying thick on the dash!

During my clean the postman arrived and i got my new sidelights and interior lights, only one that didnt come was the new boot interior light :(
P1000256_zpse1de2662.jpg

P1000257_zpsd25e0207.jpg

P1000258_zps686825cc.jpg

I finally got that towbar off that you have all been saying, it really does tidy up the back end although its now screaming out for a 172 rear bumper :(
P1000271_zps1d3dd97f.jpg

Front bumper inserts need colour coding too.
P1000272_zpsd74c106b.jpg

P1000263_zpsa4e920ac.jpg

Got the front a rear diamonds put on the car! and the bullets with that extra something. Havent seen many like this.
P1000265_zpsa45150aa.jpg

P1000261_zps26f6fcaa.jpg

P1000260_zps7bb7943f.jpg

Well thats me up to date with everything. Any ideas you may have please feel free to share with me! :)

Got a new rear number plate light unit! The old was mankyy!

The difference between the two!
P1000286_zpsbc68bfb4.jpg

In place!
P1000288_zps10473462.jpg

Such a small wee thing makes it look so much better :)

So The past couple of does i spent doing more sanding and spraying!

My engine bay is so completely dull and boring so i sprayed my engine cover!

Started as this:
P1000307_zps18812f6e.jpg

P1000309_zpsb443fcbf.jpg

Sanded down:
P1000310_zps85dc1211.gif

Primed up:
P1000312_zps42e609f4.jpg

All finished!!! Pleased with the result!
P1000318_zps3a064afe.jpg

P1000319_zps88e72a9d.jpg

I am getting white vinyl to put on it, 1.2L 16V. Brothers getting it from school, Nothing better than a free mod! :D

Can anybody give me any ideas on how to make my engine bay look cleaner and nicer? To me its just horrible. i wont remove the strut brace as i like it :) But any ideas please share!
P1000323_zps167819f8.jpg

P1000324_zps215edf6e.jpg

Thank you for reading!

2007 Clio 197
A wet cloth should do the trick to be honest. Any really tuff bits, do with some dirt and grease remover on a cloth. any bits of rust around the edges could be resprayed. Youve done a damn good job so far.

Thanks! Appreciate it! I must try that then, wee task for the morning if the weathers kind to me. I'll let update on how I get on :)

thanks for the comments again!

Looks really good, I like what you've done so far.

Thank god you got the hideous tow bar off!

alloys look 100x better mate ! clean car !! id loose the billabong stickers i saw unless you already have !! looks a clean tidy car mate

Cheers! The towbar done my head in! So glad its gone, Havent done much to the car lately. I sorta like them badges, each to their own i guess really!
Thanks for comments :D

Thinking on getting a cup spoiler but does anyone know of they come in pearl black? I'm so unsure or will I just have to get one resprayed?
Also after a full 172 sport interior! If anyone knows any let me know! :)

Would these changes be worth it?

Thinking on getting a cup spoiler but does anyone know of they come in pearl black? I'm so unsure or will I just have to get one resprayed?
Also after a full 172 sport interior! If anyone knows any let me know! :)

Would these changes be worth it?

get a cup spoiler from autocrash off here, he gets them and sprays them to your colour, about the same price as getting a used/scratched one.

I was looking t the 'show us your bay' thread last night and then looked at mine, I have 3 different colours. Red, yellow and black. What I changed it to red and black or yellow and black?
If anyone wants they can PM me a 'shop of what it might look like!
Cheers!

Wee Update: Got new sidelights again and new interior lights.....again! The ones now are sooo much brighter than before and have a bright white effect!
Link to anyone who wants to see them: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180947011581?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Also went and bought myself some Osram Nightbreakers. When they came i put them in but they weren't white, still yellow :( Far better range though.
Anyone got any bulbs that will be bright white?

Thanks for looking! :)

So on another wee update...
Got new sidelights,
P1000343_zps2bad8a4b.jpg

P1000345_zpsc5dd3889.jpg

Also replaced my interior lights with these, soooo bright and white! Worth the money!!

Interior boot light (Excuse my work clothes :eek:)
P1000346_zps3a4e660a.jpg

I decided to go for those Cree reverse lights to see how bright they actually were... Wow! If you go for these you will not be dissapointed!
P1000350_zps7abfb2ae.jpg

Thats how it looks^^^

How it shines :eek:
P1000347_zps9e741838.jpg

So yeah, i also got a new dipstick oil thingy and oil cap for spraying red, keeping the engine cover black, going to stencil in a red '1.2L 16v'. Just to see how the bay then ends up, its all about experimenting!
Also re-doing my bump strips, the current ones are rubbish and were a very rushed job, takes forever to sand down that wee bumpy pattern :(

Well, thanks for looking and ill keep updating whenever new things arrive/happen :)

So I went to the scrappy and picked up an oil cap cover and oil dipstick. £2 for the lot! :) So home it was, sand, prime, spray! And here is how they ended up! To me it cleans the bay up that wee bit, no yellow, just black and red! :)
P1000372_zps870e8aee.jpg

P1000370_zps079294b9.jpg

P1000369_zpsd2963aee.jpg

Near got my new bump strips finished up too! :)

Thanks for looking!