ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My trip to K-Tec today (Dyno result)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Albi 200
So today I wen to K-Tec for their "Clio 3 RS Tage 1 Tuning Package" (A panel filter and custom re-map).

I was primarily getting it done to see how the car was running. It turns out it wasn't running that great at all! It made 175bhp before the filter and re-map, after it was up to a much healthier 191.5bhp. To say I'm pleased with the result is an understatement.

Dyno printout below (Sorry about the pic, I just took it on my phone)

Dyno.jpg

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Is the car run in yet? 175 - 191 bhp from a panel filter and map?

What do the 200's make on rollers 'normally'?

Last edited:

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Is the car run in yet? 175 - 191 bhp from a panel filter and map?

What do the 200's make on rollers 'normally'?

Ours made 193.something bhp on the rollers 2 months ago with 2000 miles on it. standard.

ph1 track weapon
Seems weird as when I went in there yesterday to ask about a few things I was told their rollers were 'broken'

Cayman S Edition 1
Hey Xell, how do you find the car drives since the remap? My car's in SMC at the moment with a few issues, one being a drop in power when pulling away sometimes, meaning I have to over compensate and rev a little more. They claim they can't find a fault and have reset the ecu apparently.

Just wondered if a remap would make a difference or not.

Cheers

Albi 200
Hey Xell, how do you find the car drives since the remap? My car's in SMC at the moment with a few issues, one being a drop in power when pulling away sometimes, meaning I have to over compensate and rev a little more. They claim they can't find a fault and have reset the ecu apparently.

Just wondered if a remap would make a difference or not.

Cheers

I used to get a slight kangarooing from cold but thats gone since the re-map.

They can be very tempremental when cold!

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Amazing how much power you can get just by changing the resistance on the rolling road ... 16.5bhp from a map & panel filter. Oh rly.

Comments like this are not constructive, its a totally unfounded, incorrect remark.

Unfortunately our rolling road is being repaired (the parts are in Australia), so we are taking cars for power runs to a local Dyno Dynamics rolling road (it is a slightly older one hence the graphs look different) only a few miles from here to maintain service of before and after runs with our remaps.

The process is as follows.

Load car on dyno,
Set roller ratio for RPM (this is taking the speed at 3000 rpm) to extrapolate the rpm through the rev range
Power run car x2 (to check for consistent result)
Load new map onto car (Still strapped to the dyno, no conditions changed)
Change filter to Panel
Re power run car x 2, checking for problems

overlay graphs to see result.

in shootout mode on a Dyno Dynamics you cant change load on the rollers.

there is NOTHING else changed.

The result is as the dyno shows, thats it.

The customer is pleased with his result, and so were we. We have to admit we were'nt expecting a gain as high as this but again this is why the result is confirmed by doing two runs back to back one after another...

Xell, we are delighted your happy with the car, we hope you continue to enjoy the improvement.

KTR

Last edited:
  Cayman S Edition 1

Thats great to hear mate. I've had ktec remaps on my old 197 and Trophy, both very good, so really pleased for you.

Deff think I'll consider this when I'm a little more flush:approve:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
this is why the result is confirmed by doing two runs back to back one after another...

Hate to be a picky sod, but the graph clearly states that the graph is for Runs 1 & 3, although the operator on a DD rolling road can pull back data from any number of previous entries and overlay it onto the graph, as proven here by my graph from Surrey Rolling road (runs 4 & 11)...

Note, this is a Trophy with your remap, itg filter & ultra exhaust, hence my amazement when 16.5bhp was extracted from this 200...

doc005.jpg

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Sir Dave, you are not being picky at all. At least by asking these questions and pointing out these findings we can answer the questions.

Runs 1 and 2 are when the car is standard and runs 3 and 4 were after the mods had been done. As you can see in the previous post we normally carry out a total of 4 runs for consistency. When our dyno is back up and running we are hapy for customers to watch their car on the dyno and see the results.

In fact we have just done another 197 today on the same dyno and in the same manner and that has picked up nearly 13bhp and 16lbs/ft, this does go some way to show the benefits of having a fully custom map done.

I hope this clarifies the graph a little more.

David.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Thats great to hear mate. I've had ktec remaps on my old 197 and Trophy, both very good, so really pleased for you.

Deff think I'll consider this when I'm a little more flush:approve:

Jay, I will be awaiting your call to get your car booked in. ;)

David.

Last edited:
  Cayman S Edition 1
Jay, I will be awaiting your call to get your car booked in. ;)

David.

I wish mate! Got my car back from SMC at lunchtime. They've reset the ECU to resolve the problem as they couldn't find a fault (funny that). Its not right still but what can you do.... I'm in the hands of numpties!

Clio 1970000000

Figures are great but how much more drivable is the car? Do you notice the extra power?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I agree with this but if the before and after results are on the same RR the gains must be down to the changes.

Not discrediting the result, but that is a very naïve presumption. You can significantly alter RR's in your favour to “boost” your gains!

10% power from an air filter and remap.......

But that original power figure is shocking lol

With 15 odd bhp more it should feel vastly different b

Clio 1970000000
Not discrediting the result, but that is a very naïve presumption. You can significantly alter RR's in your favour to “boost” your gains!

I have no experince of rolling roads so you may be right. My comment was purely down to common sense.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Ali, as we have previously stated nothing was changed on the dyno settings and to think this is something we would do is just totally wrong and naive.

You will also find that many, many 197s have been dynoed at well below their quoted figures on many different dynos. The important thing is the difference between the before and after figure and how the car drives. If the customer is happy with the way the car performs then that is all that matters.

David.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
We recently dyno'd a "202bhp conversion" car from another company and it made just over 170bhp.

David.

Last edited:
  Turbo LY R27
^^^^Thats shi1t!! I nearly did this on my old 182, bloddy glad i didnt!! My 1st 197 engine made 190 bhp standard on the TDF rollers, looking forward to getting my new one tested in august as i reckon this one is a belter as well. Strange how i hear so many under performing?? If a 175bhp car (for example) Makes 191bhp, would a healthy engine at say 190 standard make the same gains up to 200 +?? I doubt it but just wondering?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Ali, as we have previously stated nothing was changed on the dyno settings and to think this is something we would do is just totally wrong and naive.

You will also find that many, many 197s have been dynoed at well below their quoted figures on many different dynos. The important thing is the difference between the before and after figure and how the car drives. If the customer is happy with the way the car performs then that is all that matters.

David.

Nobodies accusing you of anything David. Relax.

However, it can be done! - It's not uncommon either.

I still can't fathom why it was running so low in first instance. We had a RR day a yr or so back, all 172,182 & 197's ran close to the book BHP. that suggests to me, a very accurate set of rollers.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Well the thing is there is nothing to say the 175bhp engine is unhealthy, that is just what it produced on a certain set of rollers on a certain day. Rolling road results vary massively and too many people get hung up on the base figure and if that figure is a little low then in 9 out of 10 cases it will just be down to the dyno reading as little low, thats all.

Unfortunately no-one can predict what the base figure will be before the car is tested so it would be impossible to speculate on what a certain engine would preduce in if it was in a better, or worse, state of health.

With this sort of upgrade we simply use the dyno to show the customer what has been gained, no changes are made to the dyno settings as this would just be fooling ourselves and the customer into thinking he has gained more that expected. This would do nothing for a companies reputation and I for one would not want to run a company whos results and reputation is based on falsified figures, and I also like to think that due to the ethos we have it results in so many returning customers ,as well as many that come to us through recommendation.

David.

Status
Not open for further replies.