ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

11th Annual Surrey Rolling Road Day (Photos and Results)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks to everyone who attended the meet yesterday.

Numbers were down on last year maybe due to the weather putting a few people off but I thought it made for a more relaxed event.

Here are the results and photos, apart from one or two results I think everyone was happy with the power they made.

1. My Megane R26 made 329.9bhp and 360lbft. This was identical to what it made last time at RS Tuning.
IMG_8760_zpsygagzuiz.jpg

IMG_8811_zpsjkgmrm4u.jpg

2. My Storm Grey 172 made 168.8bhp and 150lbft. I was surprised by the result as it's unmapped with a cat, Ktec stealth and aircon delete.
IMG_8764_zps2n6mhbdw.jpg

IMG_8812_zpsfbwcgu6s.jpg

3. @Fletcher 172 made 174.5bhp and 155lbft. Great result
IMG_8767_zpsdozdhclm.jpg

IMG_8769_zpsmjn0khtm.jpg

4. @HenryG Clio 182 Cup made 172.1bhp and 145lbft. I was moving my car when you ran so didn't get a photo of your results.
IMG_8770_zpsd7nm1pvl.jpg

5. @MarkCup Fiesta ST with 230 Montune made 224.1bhp and 248lbft. Less peak power than Mark was expecting but you can see it's made massive gains up to 5.6k compared to the 215 package.
IMG_8771_zps7rbscgn0.jpg

IMG_8774_zpsdsqit6pc.jpg

6. @SirDave R53 Mini Cooper S made 214.8bhp and 182lbft. Power was slightly down as Dave suspected it needs a new supercharge pulley.
IMG_8775_zpsbkieuxwe.jpg

IMG_8779_zps3miuimzy.jpg

7. @HenryG brother's Megane R26 made 144.3bhp. Charlie said fuelling was spot on but it wasn't making any boost probably due to a broken actuator.
IMG_8780_zpsdyiaciej.jpg

IMG_8784_zpsslgoy7sa.jpg

8. @Alistair14 Clio 182 made 165bhp. It was 10bhp down on last year which Charlie suspected was due to the cat and a misfire.
IMG_8785_zps9qmp4zzd.jpg

IMG_8788_zpstoo5nxwk.jpg

9. @Nick172Cup E36 M3 made 294.5bhp and 258lbft. Again power was slightly down on a previous run due to needing a service and valve clearances checking.
IMG_8789_zpsefogy4df.jpg

IMG_8792_zpszj37gmjx.jpg

10. @LW93 Clio 182 made 172.5bhp and 156lbft
IMG_8793_zpsnlwuii9q.jpg

IMG_8796_zpscsic23fb.jpg

11. @just-that-ek cousin Tom's Megane 250 made 275.2bhp and 263lbft
IMG_8797_zpsospjlvvh.jpg

IMG_8801_zpsjf897qxi.jpg

12. @jaswalker24 Megane 265 Cup S made 305bhp and 329lbft. I didn't manage to get a photo of the power graph.
IMG_8803_zpsqcwzlhp4.jpg

13. @RobBrodie Clio 172 Cup made 172bhp and 148lbft.
IMG_8806_zpsari0xbrs.jpg

IMG_8809_zpspoeg9jbh.jpg

Thanks @tom172cup for driving the 172 so I could dyno both cars :grinning:
IMG_8758_zpsnwkyko1m.jpg

IMG_8756_zpsuvrzooci.jpg

Please post up your own photos and graphs :smile:

Last edited:

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like it was a good little gathering.

Wanted to come along but it just fell at the wrong time for me with spare cash after xmas and the track car being off the road for winter.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Looks like it was a good little gathering.

Wanted to come along but it just fell at the wrong time for me with spare cash after xmas and the track car being off the road for winter.

I did say yesterday that maybe I arranged it too early this year. Last year it was early in March and we had twice the number of cars.

HenryG

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 cup
He worked out its running 0.5 boost where i think it should have 1.1? It doesn't feel slow its no slower than my 182 or his 172 before which makes it all the more weard.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Wow. Good effort with the results, videos and pictures Tim!

Was a good day yesterday, weather was good for a February session, lots of friendly faces, lots of petrol related banter.

Mine's being serviced on Tuesday...I'm going back to Charlie ASAP after for another run...I know it has 230PS in it!

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep

Was a good day yesterday, weather was good for a February session, lots of friendly faces, lots of petrol related banter.

Mine's being serviced on Tuesday...I'm going back to Charlie ASAP after for another run...I know it has 230PS in it!

Thanks Mark, hope you crack the 230 mark.

Nice write up there Timmy

Cheers Chris!

172 Turbo
Was the wrong weekend for me, as I was picking mine up from EFI yesterday. Have a before mods graph from SRR so want another after one

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep

Is 230ps not too far off 224bhp anyway ?

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
He worked out its running 0.5 boost where i think it should have 1.1? It doesn't feel slow its no slower than my 182 or his 172 before which makes it all the more weard.

It should pull away from a 182 fairly easily. I don't think it's anything major though, just a worn actuator as they are rubber inside and bound to wear out after 10 years.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Should of wacked the tire pressures up Mark !

Aye. 40psi and some 102RON fuel it is then :p

I remembered today when poking about in my shed that I left part of the intake setup off when reassembling everything after fitting the last of the MR230 kit...it's only a 10mm wide rubber gasket, but it seals the join between the front grille airfeed and the feed into the top of the airbox. I left it off as I wanted to stick a microphone in there to capture intake and recirc valve noise and it leaves a gap just wide enough to squeeze one in.

Would/could that have knocked a few bhp off? I think there'll have been a fair bit of turbulence as it's right behind the front grille at the leading edge of the bonnet 2ft away from Charlie's fan.

Hmmmm. Regardless, the gasket is going back on before I take it back to SRR.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
I doubt that would have an effect as the airbox probably has more than enough air fed to it.

Edit: unless you think that's letting hotter air in?

Spookyneil

ClioSport Club Member
I'm gutted I had to bail at the last minute, looks like you all had a cracking day and another inferno inferno in the area :) I am going to book in soon for a session so will let you know the results :smile:

LY R26 #288
Some good results! Shame I missed this one and last years. Hopefully make it to the next one. Would like to see what my Megane is making.

Would be good to catch up with Mark and Tim at some point.

Tim your r26 must be an animal.

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
Had some rubbish issues with mine .. hopeing to get it sorted before brands in march, got the decat just need to fit it and get a new coil pack .. may get it re-dyno'd to make sure its okay!

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
I might organise another one for later in the year if there's enough interest.

Some good results! Shame I missed this one and last years. Hopefully make it to the next one. Would like to see what my Megane is making.

Would be good to catch up with Mark and Tim at some point.

Tim your r26 must be an animal.

It's seriously quick now but still great to use as a daily :cool:

I'd be tempted to come down and see what the M3 puts out, so will keep an eye out if you do arrange one later in the year.