ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My second non-sport Clio

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
Hey ladies and gents of the forum ,have been wanting to start a project feed for a long while now as my 1st Clio was bought 'modified', i use the word modified in the sence that the car had seen a few features like chrome wiper blades and lexus rear lights that were just silly, only good parts on it was the angel lights, debadged bonnet and OZ alloys all listed i had funded after the mess was bought :

6231317846_2562287796_z.jpg

But the year mark came up and Theo the clio was getting very tempermental had has cost me a small fortune replacing alot of major parts, so sold her for just shy of £1000 with 104500 miles on the clock.

After a few visits to the bank and a browse over pistonheads later i had this little Beast:

6230801075_1ba33f6a16_z.jpg

6231319616_870daa2cd4_z.jpg

6230802661_817d9889bd_z.jpg

So a month or two went by as i was getting used to owning the model of Clio i was wanting to begin with, and then i found the Cliosport forum . . . . . . . best discovery in a while i must say :eek:
well this gave me all the inspiration i needed and the love for playing with my car was born :D.
so i decided to spend the lovely old car money on a few odds and ends such as :
  • Roll bar
  • Induction kit
  • 15' 3SDM 0.003 alloys 8j
  • FK Highsport coilovers
  • Redex and oils
  • Pioneer 6x9's
  • Polorised Locking nuts
Here are my babys :'D :

6230830625_d461ff3cdc_z.jpg

6230831309_71a0d8c7a0_z.jpg

But unfortunately the day after those pictures were taken my car failed the MOT :( , 1 incomplete suspention coil, 1 dangerously incomplete coil, engine rollbar linkage and 2 dead bulbs, linkages are ready to be put in and bulbs arent too much hastle (£2.50 each) so just waiting on the coilovers to turn up and it will have a passed MOT and can finaly get the parts in the car :).

only things i need within the next 2-3 weeks are:
  • RS grille
  • Carbon wrap & someone who is s**t hot at doing it
  • Cadburys purple paint
  • Black paint
  • Arch roll
Pictures/ progress will be as i get things done :D

thanks for spending the time to read through :)

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Plans sound good, this could potentially be nice!

Remove rear tints(?) if they are in and take the 'extreme' sticker off :/.

Will keep an eye on this one.

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
Plans sound good, this could potentially be nice!

Remove rear tints(?) if they are in and take the 'extreme' sticker off :/.

Will keep an eye on this one.

its tinted glass so would mean replacing the back windows :( trust me man i want clear glass looks so much more casual, and that extreme sticker is a joke haha have been wanting to tackle it but makes me chuckle every time i see how 'extreme' it is haha , it will be off after the MOT ;)

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
Peoples views of a sport rear bumper on a non sport? and would it be much effort to colour code it?

Inferno 182
172 rear bumpers do look nice but i think its getting a bit too common on here now. Just colour code it. And if your not confident in doing that get it colour coded professionally, but don't have a clue how much that will be. What you painting cadbury purple lol?

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
What you painting cadbury purple lol?

well had been looking into the dash strip being carbon wraped with the airbag and the extreme bit in the purple and it looks nice so i figures id do a few subtle things like the roll bar and the induction kits cap and silver bit around the bottom. nothing drastic :eek:

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
gotta get the look right , and have been looking to get rid of the nasty yellow just didnt know how, cherrs dude

BlackGold 182
just run camber and dont have arches rolled, you have any pics from the rear? just wana see the width of 8j on the clio

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
Right, car is now in for MOT and figured now would be prime time to get in strut braces and FK highsports , get it back at 11-12 am ill whack some pics up around then ;)

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
6271481319_873b8c31dd_z.jpg

IMG_0034 by BloxPC, on Flickr

I aim to go lower, but for the sheer fact im in love with my wheels and my arches arent rolled as of yet here will do ( coils wound half way down)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Although I read the post, I couldn't help but lol at the archgap!

But I knew what was to come and I wasn't dissapointed :D can't you wind them down another inch or so without any scrapage?

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
Although I read the post, I couldn't help but lol at the archgap!

But I knew what was to come and I wasn't dissapointed :D can't you wind them down another inch or so without any scrapage?

oh i cound wind them more but dont wanna risk ripping the tyres apart, im fooking broke after this week haha but i do have a photoshop of how it will look in 2 weeks ;)