ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Scirocco

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I do like these, however your man maths needs some work, you've spent about 16 grand on a car, to save money on fuel & tax
hehe.gif
Yes cause thats EXACTLY what I said isn't it? I get where you are coming from on sentiment, but Its clear I haven't bought this to save money. I love cheap motoring. I did 18 months in a £1400 clio after I sold my Type R. Went to Vegas, New York and Rome , generally did what I Want financially, and funnily enough I sold that today for £1200, and all that cost me over the 18 months was a service and mot. I could have carried on like that, but one week, I decided I wanted a Golf. I was dissapointed by the GTI's for sale, so I looked at GTD's. I booked a day of work to go and buy a GTD from Bristol, the seller was a clown regarding servicing, I was in a mood so went to look at a local dealership as I had the day off and I ended up buying this, cause I wanted a nice car. Which I think it is. Im not interested in going fast, or doing track days etc, so I think it suits me well. IF someone wants an old car with Character, or a Track car, or a V8 old school Merc, thats their choice.

Last edited:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
It must have played a part in your decision, as you've mentioned it and also avoided the 2.0TSI. Anyway, nice motor none the less.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
It must have played a part in your decision, as you've mentioned it and also avoided the 2.0TSI. Anyway, nice motor none the less.
TBH I didnt know it was the 140 bluemotion at the time. I bought it like a girl or an idiot. I saw it, I wanted it. It stood out to me. I think it was the 19s. I was possibly the easiest customer ever. I didnt knock a penny off or even test drive it. From finding the car online on the laptop to been on my way home having paid for it was less than an hour. I bought it on impulse. I knew it was a 2.0 TDI, but I expected it to be a 170 diesel like the Golf GTD. I didnt realise the economics of it till the day I was sat in their office handing over the rest of the money on the day of collection and I was taxing it online on their computer haha

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
We all at times spend money on silly things for our car. But I think this might be the most stupid thing yet. I noticed in some Golfs there is a VW Bottle opener in the centre console? No idea why, or what purpose it has but I managed to find a Genuine one on eBay China from a Chinese VW Dealer for £9.20 posted....... However, it didnt "fit" in my centre console. Bit of digging and I found a replacement cup holder with a cover and a recess for this Bottle opener. It was over £70 from VW UK but I managed to find one from the same Chinese VW Dealer for £19 posted, plus £5 for an additional rubber Mat.

Its obviously not a rare modification as there are guides on the Scirocco forum, but it took around 2 hours to get the centre console out, and here we are.....

its cost me £34 over all, for something Ill never use, but it does look neater covered.

DAEC8485-12B8-4BA7-8964-0C03913017E1_zpsjyjwyc2l.jpg

96D21054-4FED-46A3-B92A-32B299C43260_zpsuv2bcicd.jpg

0C6692D9-1001-4B5F-9856-E880D8ED4C2E_zps2tuqtrsn.jpg

590718A5-229C-4A6E-AE18-CD22CF43ED48_zpswfuih2ic.jpg

Still waiting on the rubber mat....

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Not knocking it but cant see what made VW think a bottle opener in a console would be a good idea. Should there not be something nicer to cover the screw and the 2 holes too. Any whats the reason the bottle opener fits above on its side like that.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I have a massive love for these after driving my dads 2.0tsi scirocco a fair bit last weekend down devon.
I could see myself buying it off him in a few years when he gets bored

How much did your springs cost if you don't mind me asking? My dad wants a subbtle drop on his as the rear arch gap is just silly.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Not knocking it but cant see what made VW think a bottle opener in a console would be a good idea. Should there not be something nicer to cover the screw and the 2 holes too. Any whats the reason the bottle opener fits above on its side like that.

To form a cup holder.

Nice car with some nice mods irrelevant of why you bought it. I love the bottle opener pointless 99% of the time probably but I love doing this little things to cars, giving them the personnel touch.:up:

Listerine & Poledo
20-odd k worth of gently-melted golf, and it doesn't come with a cup holder as standard? LOL!

I guess it is just added weight, and that's not Bluemotion enough

20-odd k worth of gently-melted golf, and it doesn't come with a cup holder as standard? LOL!

I'm also confused by this, where the f**k do the eurovagSCENE\\\ put their starbucks???

Car is still lovely though, aside from my criticism :p

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Right next to their Macbook pro and lenless glasseses.
Certainly not in jeggings pockets.
Oh the irony. You've described 90% of MX5 owners. The other 10% are female. Well, maybe replace the MacBook with a "hackintosh" as we all know MX5 owners seem to be short of money.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Im waiting on the rubber mat that covers the screw, and the bottle opener fits both ways so you can either have a large cubby hole or a put the opener in the middle and still have 2 areas for a cup/bottle etc.

Springs were £160 I believe.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

LOL it actually came with two, but they were just molded and not covered, Ive replaced them with the lidded compartment, which IMO looks neater and cleans up the interior.

It looked like this before (not my picture)

Cheap_Cup_Holder.jpg

If I decide to replace the cubbyhole in the front with the lidded ashtray from the R32 I will probably not post the pics of that to avoid any criticism haha

Last edited: