ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My RR at Viezu This Morning

Cup, Lude & Z
Bought my Cup about 3 weeks ago now...

IMAG0285.jpg

she's been to Fred who basically gave her a clean bill of health but advised me to get her on the rollers.

Today i did that at Viezu, nice place with some helpful guys on hand. They told me she ran sweet as a nut, pulled in a straight line without any issues.

I had no idea what numbers she would produce at the wheels so i was neither surprised or disappointed when i was told 152bhp.

I would like to know the thoughts of the masses really about the results she turned out today, im happy with the way she drives etc etc which is the main thing.

IMAG0288.jpg

So i guess as a noob im asking for a thumbs up as this is the norm for a 53 plate, 32k miles, BTB cat back and Powerflow Panel Filter.

Bit shakey in parts sorry :rasp:

Last edited by a moderator:
  clio 182 sport
only pointing this out as mine has been on a couple of RR now, you really need to get them warmed up propley to see a good result. and btw those lil blowers look tiny lol

Lionel Richie
this the one that i checked the timing on? (still owe you an invoice, haven't forgotten, just a huge backlog from holiday!)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
only pointing this out as mine has been on a couple of RR now, you really need to get them warmed up propley to see a good result. and btw those lil blowers look tiny lol

small blowers are actually better. Directed air straight at the rad. Big fans look impressive but are pathetic at actually keeping the engine cool as the air is blown round the car not at it

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I thought they run in the early 160's lol but i dont understand RR figures someone needs to educuate me haha mine goes on the RR nxt saturday im hoping for 190

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I thought they run in the early 160's lol but i dont understand RR figures someone needs to educuate me haha mine goes on the RR nxt saturday im hoping for 190

you're looking at roughly 25bhp loses on a standard car (give or take depending on tyre condition and pressure, geearbox condition and oil temperature and a few other things)
that would make this one 177 at the fly, which is either a strong car, or over reading a little (I've no idea on Veizu's usual numbers)
160 ATF would be very high, I'd personally expect 145ish

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
The West Midlands area group have held a couple of RR days here. Might be worth looking at some of the post in the regional section as I'm sure all of the results were published.

Just bare in mind it may have been different conditions to your run.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
you're looking at roughly 25bhp loses on a standard car (give or take depending on tyre condition and pressure, geearbox condition and oil temperature and a few other things)
that would make this one 177 at the fly, which is either a strong car, or over reading a little (I've no idea on Veizu's usual numbers)
160 ATF would be very high, I'd personally expect 145ish

nice one dan cheers mate :)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
You spoke to my gf on the phone, she works there, wondered who it was :)

Those are higher results than I got :( (also a 172 cup) so I'd be quite happy with that :)

As mentioned above we had a rolling road day there with West Mids group a few months back, afaik a few members did get a bit higher but iirc they also had rs tuner maps and such like.

Cup, Lude & Z
You spoke to my gf on the phone, she works there, wondered who it was :)

Those are higher results than I got :( (also a 172 cup) so I'd be quite happy with that :)

As mentioned above we had a rolling road day there with West Mids group a few months back, afaik a few members did get a bit higher but iirc they also had rs tuner maps and such like.

That would be Aime?

I shall have a look, the guy there spoke to me about a remap (£299) but from what i have read and from what he told me the gains would be minimal

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
That would be Aime?

I shall have a look, the guy there spoke to me about a remap (£299) but from what i have read and from what he told me the gains would be minimal

'Amie' but yeah haha that's her, she said Don the other area rep had told you to try them so I wasn't sure who you were.

Yeah gains are minimal on a naturally aspirated engine especially one that's already got fairly high output.

I won't bother mapping mine standard, going to wait for a few modifications soon.

If you're not planning on doing anything big though those rstuners seem worth while, buy one on here circa £120, pay something like £80-£90 for the unlock code and map and then sell it on for £120. Effectively got a map for less than £100. (don't quote me on the figures but think they're close enough)

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Rs tuner is well worth the money the first time I went to the westmiddlans RR I came out with sum really good readings!

Sounds about right when we had our meet at viezu most 172/182s ran from 148 to 156 atw.

Here's a video with atf figures

Last edited by a moderator:
RSTuner is a great bit of kit well worth it imo. But it only improves the overall driveability not BHP (Maybe 2bhp if you are lucky) it raises the rev limiter slightly too. when we all went to viezu every clio was run to peak power 6650rpm iirc.

So there was no benefit of having an RSTuner map over someone who didn't.

BOOmer do it;) makes it so much better to drive

Cup, Lude & Z
I've read a little about them, is there two types? 98 and Pops n Bangs?

or am i confused....agen :slap:

yep 98ron map just makes it drive better (looses the 5k kick and gives lower down torque),raises the limiter and helps with cold starts

Pops n bangs is the same as above but when you let off above 4000rpm it dumps fuel in the exhaust and ignites it hence the popping. youneed a decat for this one though

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
RSTuner is a great bit of kit well worth it imo. But it only improves the overall driveability not BHP (Maybe 2bhp if you are lucky) it raises the rev limiter slightly too. when we all went to viezu every clio was run to peak power 6650rpm iirc.

So there was no benefit of having an RSTuner map over someone who didn't.

fully agree with that. The drivability is very well done. There's room for improvement with the power side though, done it several times. For the price there's no down side, it can just be improved upon :)

First you need to get rid of any existing fault codes and make sure maintenance is done and the cam timing is right, Then do a base run to see if its worth tinkering with or not (engine overhaul)

Last edited: