ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Renault History from 1989 to present day.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Thought I would share a few pics of my Renault history.

first car in 1989,can remember being quite happy driving my parents Toyota Corollas,this car changed all that,must have spent about. 6 hours a night behind the wheel...just for the hell of it.

3D887FE4-8C73-408B-BF9F-B96D9C193584_zpsmmfoubsn.jpg

kept that one for around 18 months and totting up the miles and a few repairs,this was followed by the worst car I've ever owned,another R5 GT Turbo,"F" plate and never ran right from the day I got it,no pics of this one thank god.

we then skip a few non Renault cars upto about 94 when I bought this standard Clio 16v with a view of making it into my dream car at the time.

3A1E246E-ECDE-4837-93D5-D5CDA48B470B_zps0dvloczf.jpg

i drove it for about 2 weeks as a standard car before dropping it off to Dimma to have their latest creation fitted,this is how it looked on its return at the end of that summer

7839F0ED-D60D-4AFB-B369-6ED56BA7177F_zpsznfwfuvl.jpg

I can remember the anticipation waiting to pick it up,I was like a kid at Christmas.

Another big jump in years to around 2005 and bought this from a mate thinking it would be good to use as a run around,I had a Type R impreza at the time so was thinking the clio would be a lot more economical ;( it felt worse on fuel so it didn't last long.

B0A4018A-FD64-449C-887E-3ADF4FFD2382_zpsmmz1oehs.jpg

now onto my current Renault cars after a long absence,bought this 182 cup last August with a view to doing a few bits as and when I could

34D1B401-7227-4048-A95A-A3A07D65D813_zpsxgzijhx8.jpg

since picking it up I've replaced the wheels & tyres from demon Tweeks with some 15" pro race and replaced the rear shocks with new cup items,that was the start of a few mods to keep it tidy until last month when this popped up for sale ;

F1B28348-F652-44D4-A521-F35FD0A8AACB_zpsvmimesd1.jpg

it had all the mods plus a lot more than I was planning so a trip to Scotland later this became my new car,my RB cup will be going up for sale when I get chance,I'm hoping to do a track day or two as it's been a few years since I scared myself on circuit.

Jon

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Stop it you,I already feel ancient,there are good sides...I got to rock the haircut and nike fleece to the max ;)

cheers

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I can barely remember just how nippy those R5 GTT's were back in their early days! I passed my test in early '92 - so you're a few years on from me. Still, good to look back and reminisce, eh? :)

D.

PB Clio 172
nice pics there

I have had 2 gt turbo's and while there were crap they were the best fun I have ever had in a car !

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
I loved my first one,was around 160 Bhp and was bags of fun but did let me down quite a bit,more than likely because every outing was a full throttle affair in them days.

impreza pics here

A5985749-0DBB-4197-912B-46C2BDFAB00B_zpsyxzxrzli.jpg

and on track at Croft, this was a ford RS owners club event

441E1900-8531-4F4D-B67D-1A27AE92048A_zps7k9o1oef.jpg

Ph1 track car, Dci
Nice selection of cars, i like threads like these. Bet you wished you had kept that 5 prices seem to be rising a fair bit for a good one.

Love that Scooby!! :approve:

I used to love Dimma Clios when they first came out, do you remember how much the kit cost? I bet it wasn't cheap?

Ph1 track car, Dci
I remember when i was at school and a lad in my town had a red 205 dimma with the split rims, me and my mates all thought it was the dogs do dars back then lol. How times change. Still have a soft spot for a proper dimma, but couldnt own one.

Anyone remember the dimma showroom near delamere?

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Love that Scooby!! :approve:

I used to love Dimma Clios when they first came out, do you remember how much the kit cost? I bet it wasn't cheap?

The kit fitted cost me £4500 fitted/painted along with the wheels.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
I remember when i was at school and a lad in my town had a red 205 dimma with the split rims, me and my mates all thought it was the dogs do dars back then lol. How times change. Still have a soft spot for a proper dimma, but couldnt own one.

Anyone remember the dimma showroom near delamere?

I remember the red 205 Dimma around Cheshire,my first Dimma was a 205 Turbo Technics one in Curaçao blue,funny you mention the old Dimma garage,the guy who owned it called me on Sunday and has some interesting projects lined up this year.

Ph1 track car, Dci
That red dimma lived in derbyshire about a year ago and was really rough, thats the last time i saw it, the splits were ruined and it looked to need a full resto, not somthing the owner was intrested in i dont think. Shame.

They making a comeback then what they got planned?

Nice selection, I was born in 1989 haha!

Me too! Only passed my test in 2008 :eek:

Nice collection you've had there mate, as much as I like seeing recent photos of people who still drive MK1s and R5s you cannot beat the charm of a photo of those same cars from years ago when they were modern.

Me too! Only passed my test in 2008 :eek:

Nice collection you've had there mate, as much as I like seeing recent photos of people who still drive MK1s and R5s you cannot beat the charm of a photo of those same cars from years ago when they were modern.

This, particularly seeing the Maestro in the background of the R5 photo as we had an MG Maestro xD