ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new uber camp automobile. MX-5 Project.

Listerine & Poledo
you can ditch that full-size plate geez, Mk.1's are old enough to get away with stickers on the nose instead!

smooth nosecone FTW!

Charged Superleggera
Hey Firas, thanks dude means a lot :) i didnt get rid of the mass air flow meter, its still there literally just before the airbox, the NRG stuff is awesome, such good quality, fitted it on monday night with my new wheel and totally transforms the car

Ah right cheers i can see it now in the pic above. yeh the NRG kit is brilliant and very well made but not cheap. I got the gen 2.5 kit for the ek but i think yours is the 3 generation one, which is the newest one they brought out. The paddles at the side make it look like a sequential lol. Great security feature to have on aswell.

Nardi wheel looks ace aswerll. trying to convince my mate to get one now :)

Homo spec mazda
Ah right cheers i can see it now in the pic above. yeh the NRG kit is brilliant and very well made but not cheap. I got the gen 2.5 kit for the ek but i think yours is the 3 generation one, which is the newest one they brought out. The paddles at the side make it look like a sequential lol. Great security feature to have on aswell.

Nardi wheel looks ace aswerll. trying to convince my mate to get one now :)

Ye mines Gen 3 and the paddles are huuuuge, had a few people ask if it has a flappy paddle box. :)

53 Clio 172
mx5's are my shameful love, I want to buy one and slam iit so you can only see tow bars when you drive!

Homo spec mazda
ts mainly been cleaned.... lots and lowered a little more, i know i need.... poke... offset... width.... and more lows. The time will come theres a million and one more important things atm, and i cant really go much lower due to the front lower brace.

the other week i cleaned the car, and started undersealing it corner by corner... so far ive done one corner
sad.gif

which meant it went from....

25671f26.jpg

to.....

e7dc35d2.jpg

I also received my garage vary splitter on the same day, but when i held it up to the bumper i remember my "lowering" accident which involved a block of wood pulling my front bumper out so the drivers side had an epic bulge meaning the splitter simply wouldnt fit.... So i did what any good man could do.... did i take it to a bodyshop? nooooooooooo i got out the heatgun and bent it back as close to OEM as i could. Heroooooo.

Cleannnnn
a3f12fde.jpg

more cleannnnnn and a bit arsty/moodyesqueness
6aa71f49.jpg

I also pulled my finger out and fitted the competition engine mounts, what a chuffing ballache, I started at 3pm and finished at 11pm, I started with a normal man flu, and ended up with man death aids.

61a33731.jpg

164e3a2e.jpg

It wasnt my incompetance that made it take so long... i swear.

then today... as in actually today I whipped out the DA and gave the car a quick pass before sundays big North west Jap meet aswell as the north west automotive and cliosport meet.

Since having a black grille sitting around ive not been able to fit it because the bolts holding the old one simply wont undo
sad.gif
this annoyed me as gradually and unitentionally the car was taking on a black/red theme. So I did what all good pikey car people do... I sprayed the old one... on the car.

923b1061.jpg

then continued the theme by tinting the sidelights... did i use tinting spray? no! I used satin black paint fothamucka.

c4b9fdac.jpg

then by the time id finished cleaning the car.. it was dark, so i went inside, I need to invest in a half decent camera but if i may say so myself, the thing is ridiculously clean atm... but, its manchester, so tomorrows forecast is ... rain!

Oh and i also managed to fit the drivers doorbar, which was a chuffing huge amount of effort.

Anyway, thats me upto date, there is some track action planned for later in the year. So hopefully il see some of you throughout the year.
smile.gif

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Looks brutal with the indicators out. Converting them to ducting FTW. ;)

I'll see you tomorrow mate, I'll be at the meet at KK's.

Homo spec mazda
i NEED a GV splitter for mine.

I'm Mat btw with the BRG eunos at krispy's that night. :)

Hi Matt, nice to meet another mx5 owner that isnt balding or over 50 :)

Looks brutal with the indicators out. Converting them to ducting FTW. ;)

I'll see you tomorrow mate, I'll be at the meet at KK's.

Cool, were meeting at half 12 to avoid clashing with all the JDM lot.

lets keep it as ph-reebone...lol
and as the others have said, loose the indicators

Hmmmmm, as much as i like the look without the indicators, at all, the only viable option are the ducted tsi's which i just dont like, gonna stick with my current setup for now i think.

Oh and jon... shhhh

LY R26
hahaha!

cars looking mint mate, il get some pics and a video of that exhaust tomoro as i just picked up one today and putting it on tomoro, where did you get the new centre console thing instead of the ashtray? mines does my head in!

keep up the good work.

Homo spec mazda
hahaha!

cars looking mint mate, il get some pics and a video of that exhaust tomoro as i just picked up one today and putting it on tomoro, where did you get the new centre console thing instead of the ashtray? mines does my head in!

keep up the good work.

This place is gunna be mx5sport soon at this rate, It was only cheap off mx5parts, want one with a cupholder though, got some updates but lost my iphone today so no pictures atm