ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Monaco 172 Progress Thread

Monaco 172
Never liked those alloys really, but seeing them on a monaco has changed my mind, considering getting some for myself now.
Your monaco's almost identical to mine with what you've done so of course i like it lol very nice, the engine cover looks immense too :cool:

Clio 172 Ph2
Never liked those alloys really, but seeing them on a monaco has changed my mind, considering getting some for myself now.
Your monaco's almost identical to mine with what you've done so of course i like it lol very nice, the engine cover looks immense too :cool:

I love the Pro Race 1.2, always liked the wheel. What wheels do u have now? Cheers mate, engine cover turned out quite well :)

Clio 172 Ph2
Still running the standard 172 alloys, been torn between 2118's and turini's for a year or so now lol :clown:

I didn't want 16s, preferred 15s cos of the difference in price of tyres so that ruled out Turini's, my mate has 2118s so I went for the TD Pro Race 1.2s.

Clio 172 Ph2
Fitted a new N/S driveshaft today as my cv joint was on its way out and my ABS ring had cracked. The ABS light is now off I haven't done anything to the car lately, I need to get some parts soon so I don't get bored! Looking at getting a decat next.

Monaco 172
Loving the engine, looks brilliant. Wheels look good too, good work.

Just sold my Monaco today, thinking of getting another after reading your progress though.

Clio 172 Ph2
Loving the engine, looks brilliant. Wheels look good too, good work.

Just sold my Monaco today, thinking of getting another after reading your progress though.

Cheers bud. I haven't done anythin for a while and I'm starting to get that bored feeling so I'll be getting a few parts next month. I might spray the engine bay again to freshen it up too

Clio 172 Ph2
Heard some knocking when on full lock so bought 2 new ball joints today and fitted them, passenger side had 10mm bolts in and not the 12mm bolts!

9356d142.jpg

0a4022b2.jpg

Will do, but with tax, MOT and insurance in the way its another thing that needs doing, along with rear shocks!

Where they a dead easy swap? I know its only 2 bolts then the ball joint bolt, but when we did it on my grandads 1.2 one side jacked up we had to wrestle the bolts into place, Both wheels off the ground shouldnt be any hassle right?

Clio 172 Ph2
Will do, but with tax, MOT and insurance in the way its another thing that needs doing, along with rear shocks!

Where they a dead easy swap? I know its only 2 bolts then the ball joint bolt, but when we did it on my grandads 1.2 one side jacked up we had to wrestle the bolts into place, Both wheels off the ground shouldnt be any hassle right?

Yeah mate it's easier if u jack both wheels up at the same height

Clio 172 Ph2
Had a bit of knocking from my top mounts recently so today I purchased some KTec Solid top mounts. I will also be purchasing some Koni adjustable shocks soon.

Clio 172 Ph2
Picked up the Yozza yesterday from Jay.S, really happy with it! It needs a bit of a clean. I will be fitting the cat back section this afternoon so I can send my KTec catback off. i will be fitting the decat next week as the cat fitting kit doesn't come in until Tuesday.

image-3.jpg

Clio 172 Ph2
Had the yozza fitted for about 3 weeks now and I love it!I haven't fitted the decat yet but I will do within the next week or two. WhenI removed the KTec Stealth exhaust I noticed the center hanger was in a badcondition and it hadn't been on the car that long so rather than buy anothernew one I used one of the Powerflex rear hangers I had lying around in mygarage and cut it a bit to fit the original bracket, so far so good!

DSCN2815.jpg

DSCN2813.jpg

DSCN2817.jpg

DSCN2818-1.jpg

DSCN2821.jpg

DSCN2822-1.jpg

Justin BBP

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 PH2
Your Monaco looks sweet mate, loving the TD 1.2's really suit it and the ride looks perfect.

Going for 15" TD 1.2's once mate gets back to me with a price for his.

Clio 172 Ph2
Your Monaco looks sweet mate, loving the TD 1.2's really suit it and the ride looks perfect.

Going for 15" TD 1.2's once mate gets back to me with a price for his.

Cheers mate. Got a few things i wanna do to freshen up the look, getting a bit bored at the moment haa. I need some carbon in my life!

Clio 172 Ph2
Remapped my car with the RS Tuner this morning, much better throttle response, car runs a lot smoother and exhaust is quieter inside the car. It's now bearable which is amazing considering I have a decatted Yozza